Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2008, 11:18 AM
    Free TV/Satellite Connection
    I have been looking into the topic of free TV or satellite links. Subscription TV is getting ever more expensive and I was wondering whether there is no other option to watch TV for free? Does anyone have an idea if free satellite connections can be made to watch movies and sports?
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2008, 11:27 AM
    There are no free connections for live TV. There are sites on the internet where you can view movies for free, however, but sports games are usually not available in their entirety on the internet.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 15, 2008, 12:02 PM
    My mom and mother in law have never had cable or satellites, they have little rabbit ears and get free TV at least for now.
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2008, 09:23 AM
    And how did they get free TV Chuck?
    rpg219 Posts: 504, Reputation: 81

Mar 19, 2008, 09:29 AM
    It would be just the local channels... but that ends in Feb. 2009. No more rabbit ears (antenna) after that... they won't work.
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2008, 09:29 AM
    There are channels that broadcast for free, without the need to hook up to cable or satellite connections. The availability in any given ares is usually limited to three or four channels, and maybe a few more in certain markets as far as I am aware.

When the systems go to digital in 2009 (I think) there is supposed to be a converter box that will still allow people to have access to those channels.

These free channels do not include cable channels but are generally those such as ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, and PBS subsidiaries.
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2008, 09:32 AM
    I would love to know if any television channels out there have continuous feeds over the internet. There are probably laws against it, but it seems like a good way to increase viewers.
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2008, 09:39 AM
    I actually just found an interesting link... that seems to offer some free online television!

MyEasyTV.com Online TV - Watch TV Online for Free - Sports, Movies, News, Music and more!
    tf7426 Posts: 282, Reputation: 21

Mar 19, 2008, 01:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by oneguyinohio
    I would love to know if any television channels out there have continuous feeds over the internet. There are probably laws against it, but it seems like a good way to increase viewers.
    In the UK:
    All the freeview bbc channels (not including 1 and 2)
    All the itv channels (1, 2, 3, and 4)
    Channel 4 (also has free on demand service)

Also several russian channels I watch
    Tnt
    Ren TV
    Sts

No laws against it, but to watch the bbc channels you have to have a TV licence (but there's no way of them to know if you haven't lol)
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2008, 12:51 AM
    I found a fantastic TV card/USB from K-World, they say that you can connect to free satellites TV broadcast. Can anyone verify?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Free/Almost Free Online Multiplayer Games [ 51 Answers ]

Hi all, Just wondering if anyone could recommend any free/nearly free online multiplayer games. A few friends and I are looking for some good games over the internet. Preferably something other than a MMORPG as you have to devote a lot of time to those in order to keep up with each other. ...

DVD/VCR combo connection to old Sony TV and Satellite [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old SONY TV model KV-13TR24 and just received a Philipps DVP3340V. The back of my TV has audio in and video in. I have a DISH satellite. How do I connect all 3?

Changing USB connection to ethernet connection [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a belkin wireless G router which doesn't work with my ntl broadband it got something to do with changing the USB connetion to ethernet can someone tell me how Please! Thank you

Satellite PC TV [ 1 Answers ]

What can you tell me about satellite PC TV? And which co is the best?

Satellite TV [ 4 Answers ]

I live in Ontario Canada and I have Bell Express Vu Satellite. I would like to know if I can take a Satellite Dish and my express vu receiver when I go camping and hook it up or do I need to buy a whole new system?

View more questions Search