Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    firecracker2285 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2008, 05:25 AM
    Not sure
    Do I have the right to see my kids even though I have a record against me please help I pay 500 hundred a month to them
    dragnlady5 Posts: 88, Reputation: 4

Mar 15, 2008, 05:30 AM
    Yes you do. Even if you didn't pay support Support and visitation are different cases. You would have to be proven unfit and unhealthy for the kids to be around you. And then you could still get supervised visitation. Which ever it is depends on what you did to have a record.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2008, 05:36 AM
    Is the $500/month you pay court-ordered child support or do you do it of your own accord? And if there is a child support order in place, is there also an accompanying visitation order? If so then the custodial parent is bound by that, any record against you notwithstanding. And simply having a record does not by any means preclude visitation with your kids. If there isn't a visitation order in place then you need to file a motion in the local family Court to get a visitation order established. Unless it can be demonstrated that you pose a danger to your kids there's no reason it wouldn't be granted.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2008, 06:32 AM
    Hello fire:

You have the right... Now you need to go to court to enforce it. Hire a family lawyer - or go yourself. But go.

Of course, if your record is for abusing your kids, then you may NOT have that right...

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 15, 2008, 07:50 AM
    You have the right to do what ever the child custody and child visitation order that the court issued says, If the other parent will not allow you that visit, you tke them back to court to enforce that order

If you don't have a court order in place you go to court to get it.

Child support is not visitation. Also if the money you are paying is not though the court, you need to get and have a formal court child support

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search