Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mike_bethard Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2004, 02:25 PM
    Paternity... dna test proved I'm not father
    Well this is definitely one of the most tragic things i have been through. Of course im not happy with the final results but i am in a downhill battle because of it. I found out after 4 1/2 years of paying child support that i am not the father of my child. I haven't seen the child in almost three years anyway and so i feel its best that the real father be found to take care of his child. The real issue at this time is that i have been paying child support the whole time and it has hurt me financially for a long time. In fact i still am getting bills from the child support enforcement agency and im not even the father. I have done research and have talked to lawyers and they have come to the conclusion that i will for the most part be able to rid myself from the responsibility of the child and not pay future payments. If you know anything about this situation than you will realize that this is an accomplishment already. But the thing is i won't be seeing any of the money i have given to her. I have been in the military for quite some time now and that is the reason why i had to pay. They don't play around with that type of stuff. Father or not i am supposed to be responsible for the child even after she lied to me and i found out it wasn't true. Anyhow i would just like to find out if anyone has any information on how i can at least get back the money i have had to send her since the dna test. I am not even fighting for the first 4 years of support. Just about 4 payments is all. And now that i haven't paid in about 5 months it is on my credit report too. That hurts. What do i do about that also. Please help!!
    peterann Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2004, 04:41 PM
    Re: paternity... dna test proved im not father
    I've been on this bandwagon for a lot of years now. You are NOT alone! Paternity fraud is finally being recoginized for what it is. Many States are enacting legislation. Over all I think it's too little too late. Even without the fruad issue, the collection and record keeping by the States is extremely poor.

What state do you live in and what has Child Support Enforcement said? Let them take you into court, you take your papers. A few years ago DNA wouldn't have mattered, the courts held that once you're named the dad--that's it. You're dad. The theory being you don't want to "bastardize" a child. There is a man in Georgia who has a terrific story and is happy to help anyone. His name is Carnell Smith. I have had email correspondence with him in the past. He gave me a great piece of advice, "Do nothing and nothing changes."

Here's an article about Mr. Smith, you can Google his name and read quite a bit.
    http://groups.msn.com/NewsJournalFIR...ith042703.msnw

Good luck to you. If you have other questions, post them at www.askearth.com I can help you a little better there.
    Tankman Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2004, 08:19 PM
    Re: paternity... dna test proved im not father
    You have most likely have this problem solved by now. My first thought was for you to go to court and get that court ordered child support payment stopped legally. Otherwise, nothing changes if nothing changes. Get my drift. Dave

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paternity Test / Child Support / Custody [ 13 Answers ]

I got pregnant in January of 2005 by a guy I had been with for about 7 months. As soon as I said the word, he demanded I have an abortion and he was out the door. I couldn't go through with the abortion, and I had considered adoption but in the end I couldn't do that either. I had the baby 5 weeks...

What's the diff between diaelectric test and insulation test [ 1 Answers ]

I am puzzled, What exactly is the difference between diaelectric test and insulation test. Some says it the same, but others says it's because one applied power to perform the test the latter don't. And some says both are using power but one is using AC power and the other using Dc power. There...

Can an adult sue Biological Father for proof of Paternity [ 2 Answers ]

I am 30+ years old and recently found out in the last year that my biological father is not who I thought it was. When I contacted the man who my mother told me was my biological father, he denied it. At this age is there any way I can sue for Paternity just to prove that he is my biological...

Paternity test proves NO [ 11 Answers ]

:cool: Hey: Need some advise. My 20 yr old son was ordered to take DNA paternity test while in jail. The results came back NEGAVTIVE. He is not the biological father. (in writing,on paper) The court has jurisdiction and now wants him to take another test

View more questions Search