Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gallagher02 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2008, 02:05 PM
    Spider Bite or Sports Hernia?
    This may sound weird, but I have what looks like a spider bite on my thigh -- red, itchy, sore, swollen with a large legion in the center surrounded by smaller legions in a circular pattern. At the same time I noticed the bite, I have a very tender upper groin and a lump. I treated with ice, and the pain for the part has gone away and the lump has subsided. However, I continue to have mild pain in the groin, especially just when I am sitting. I also a more sharp pain when I run, but only every so often, as if something is catching. But, I continue to play soccer and ice with no problems. I go back and forth as to whether this relates to the bite and I should just wait it out, or if it is something else, like a sports hernia. Thoughts?
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2008, 02:08 PM
    The lump and pain in the groin could be a lymph node fighting off the spider bite. Show this to a parent. Maybe you should see a doctor about this.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 14, 2008, 02:10 PM
    All depending on where you live you should see a doctor. Where I live, if it's a spider bite, it could be a brown recluse, those are VERY poisonous.

You should have it properly diagnosed by a doctor.
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Mar 14, 2008, 02:46 PM
    I agree with the previous posts. Only a doctor can tell you for sure. Hope your leg is better soon!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spider Bite? [ 19 Answers ]

Ok, a little girl that I babysit for has a big spider bite about a dime size bite a few inches from her groin, it has little white spots on top, like a pimple would but like 10 of them, it is extremely painful and is bright red with a "moon dog" around it about the size of a palm that is also red...

Spider bite [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I visited Belize and Guatemala in February, 2007 and was bitten by a spider on my scalp. Since then I have had a rash on my scalp, shoulders, back and on the backs of my hands. It has settled on my scalp and shoulders. I want to know if this rash can be from the spider bite. ...

Spider bite --ouch! [ 9 Answers ]

Today, I took my puppy outside and felt a very sharp burning pain on my toe. I looked down I saw a black fury spider with white spots on my toe. I immediately brushed it off and went inside. Ok, I'm TERRIFIED of spiders so I ran inside kicking and screaming like a big baby! ;) THAT is when the...

Spider Bite? [ 4 Answers ]

I have what I think may be a spider bite on the inside of my leg. Yesterday evening I noticed that my upper leg hurt so I lifted my pant leg. I have what looks like a large zit with a black dot in the middle. It's very painful and feels hard like a peanut M & M. It's itchy at times. The main part...

View more questions Search