Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dennis04 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2004, 05:11 PM
    Child support increase
    I was divorces 11 years ago in the state of Texas and moved to the state of Louisiana. I have lived in the state of Louisiana since the divorce was finalized. I have two children. My question is. In the 11 years since my divorce, I have not gotten a single child support increase. Does anyone know how this can be done when two states are involved, without me having to go back to Texas and hire a lawyer to do this.

Thanks for in help I can get.
    ginger Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2004, 04:16 PM
    Re: child support increase
    Hi. Do you have a current child support order? If you do I would contact the state the father is in and ask them to find him and start collections on him. Missouri did it for me and I am in Oklahoma.
    Tankman Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2004, 08:32 PM
    Re: child support increase
    You have most likely solved your question by now, but in case you haven't, why are you asking for an increase? Do they have inflation child support increase's. Has the father received more money in his job? Now, of course I'm not by any means a legal anything, but I do know that my child support payments for my children will go up if I make more money but not automatically, my X-wife would have to know or guess I'm making more money and if she thinks that I am, then it's up to her if it's worth taking me back to court. I would love to make less money and have her think I'm making more, then my child support would go down and ha ha on her. I don't mind paying my fair share of child support but some parents/in my case my kids mother will take me to court in a heartbeat if she thought it will increase her income. She wants every penny she thinks is due to her as if the burden I gave her for doing it with me was too much to bear and she has to make me pay for it until the kids are out of school and past 18yrs old. Somehow, I married two of the most evil women when it come's to money. Both of them said during our relationships that money is not that important. Of course now it's the most important thing in their lives. Dave

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child support for child out of wedlock [ 8 Answers ]

My friend has been dating a man who is a millionaire(really) for two years. He is married and has two kids with wife. He has been financially supporting her all this time. Her role was to be available to jet set the world with him at a moments notice and of course look good and sleep with him. ...

NYS Child Support increase [ 2 Answers ]

This is my first time to the board so hopefully I do this correctly. I have been divorced since 1999, in that time, I have not had an increase in my child support for my ex's and my 2 boys. Our oldest in now in college and I am paying for his car insurance, phone bill and giving him what money...

Bio father rights/abandonment of child/child support? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 6 weeks pregnant and the father is my ex boyfriend. I reached out to him 3 different times to see how he felt about this and what his interest would be in terms of involvement with his child. He has been quite verbally hostile and told me to die and other choice things. What time frame...

Child Support Increase For Cost Of Living? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I have a son who will be 9 next week, whom I get child support for in the sum of $40 a week. This court order was established when he was one year old. I have no contact with my son's father, as the situation is a bit complicated. He did try and sue for visitation, which he lost through...

Child support increase [ 2 Answers ]

My ex husband have joint custody of our 2 children 50/50.

View more questions Search