Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blongdistance Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2008, 09:07 AM
    Which is better- 350 Ford OR 3500 Chevy
    I am looking to purchase a used truck to haul horses, farm equip, etc. I have noticed far more Fords for sale than Chevy. Are the Ford owners just not satisfied? I know the Ford 6.0 L has had more than its share of warranty claims. For the years of '98 through '02 who produced the most reliable heavy duty truck?

Thanks for your input
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Mar 14, 2008, 09:35 AM
    The 7.3L F-350 PSD is an outstanding truck, both engine and transmission-wise. A friend of mine hauls 13 head of cattle to market, in 100 degree weather, and hauls relief supplies (trailer full of drywall and equipment) across Texas to Hurricane Katrina victims in LA without any problems. He's brutal on his truck. Stay away from the 6.0L.
    whit17 Posts: 40, Reputation: 7

Sep 10, 2011, 08:24 AM
    Just go with the fords

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ford F-350 Diesel 2005? / 2007 ? [ 9 Answers ]

I am about to buy a 2005 Ford f-350 diesel. Is there anyone that knows of problems with this year ford's diesel engine? Or should I buy a 2007 ford diesel ? Help! This is a big deal for me! Thanks mountainman...

New chevy vortec 5.7 350 [ 2 Answers ]

I have around 800 miles on my new vortec 350 motor so when I go to power brake and smoke the tires I here the lifters knock or a gas ping noise what could cause this.

2005 Dodge Ram 3500 A/C [ 1 Answers ]

Why is it when I turn my AC on I only have "cool" not cold air coming through the drivers side and "Warm" air in the passengers side? I do not have the dual climate control. Its supposed to be same temp on both sides. I live in Texas and its already too hot!

2006 Ford F-350 supercrew sb,6.3 diesel automatic [ 1 Answers ]

My Ford has electric shift on the fly 4x4 right now its stuck in 4 low and will not come out I put it in neutral, foot on brake,had someone try to tap solanoid Still won't pop out Any other ways that will get it in to 4 high or 2 wheel?

Dodge 3500 overheating [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 98 ram 3500 4x4 v.10 and it started to overheat when my heater quit blowing hot air, it still blows cold a/c but no heat. I have flushed my radiator twice replaced all hoses twice replaced thermo's twice and fan clutch once and no luck. Could the trans be making it over heat I noticed...

View more questions Search