Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ColoradoJay Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2008, 08:26 AM
    Wine / Hair Spray smell in entryway?
    Hi,

Our house has a strange smell that is only present in the entryway to the house. When you step in the front door, there is roughly a 10 x 10 area that smells like either hair spray or red wine. I've dealt with mold in previous houses/apartments, and this doesn't smell like anything I've noticed there before.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Jason
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 18, 2008, 07:43 PM
    Hey Jason, I have smelled hair spray and red wine and never really thought they were similar. Have some of your friends over some night and ask each one to smell the area and they you what they smell. Odor can be the most ellusive things to pin down. Tell us about the wall treatments and materials used in this area. What is the floor made of, wood?
    selahmarie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2008, 10:23 PM
    Thas weird, because my husband and I have recently discovered the same problem! When I breath I can sense the small of hairspray... arosol. But when I sniff I can't smell it. Its only when I breath, its like somebody just sprayed some aquanet and I breathed it. Its really strange, we thought it might be mold, but after reading what you said about it not seeming like mold, I'm really concered. This is strange.
    RavensFan1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2011, 05:38 PM
    Comment on selahmarie's post
    I had the same smell/sensation of hair spray/aerosol in my house. To answer my questions about why this was happening, my Air Force friend sent me this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdtLTyNOB0A&feature=related

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help Coloured Hair Spray Disaster! Turned Pink [ 3 Answers ]

I sprayed my son's long blond hair with coloured red hair spray and no matter how many times I wash it it is still pink all around the front of his hair, he looks like he has a pink halo! DOES anyone know how I can fix this?? Will it wash out eventually?? Has it happened to anyone else?? Help HELP...

Wine Value [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to find out how much a 1972 magnum of Rothschild Mouton-Cadet Bordeaux is worth? Any ideas?

Saliva smell on hair. [ 7 Answers ]

My dog always smells really "doggie" after playing with other dogs and I don`t like to wet bath him every few days.I was wondering if there is a household product that would work to dust the hair with or a dry shampoo for dogs?

Wine [ 3 Answers ]

I don't drink, so all wine tastes the same to me. However, I do cook with it. IF a cake recipe calls for sherry or brandy, which of the following would be the closest to it. Cabernet sauvegon, burgundy, chadonnay, marsala, maderia. I have all these but not sherry or brandy.

View more questions Search