Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cosmogirl Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2008, 08:20 AM
    Simple questions about payroll accounting
    I'm working on a question, and I just need to find out when you are given an advance on your pay are taxes deducted when you get the advance, and also is commison similar to piecework... oh and would it be sales that effects profit and loss statement, I'm pretty sure it is maybe someone could clarify for me..
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2008, 11:03 PM
    Normally if you're given an advance, no taxes wouldn't be taken out because it'd be considered a loan. Then on the next pay check, the taxes are figured like normal, and then the loan is also deducted.

Commission is only similar to piecework from the point of view that they're based on your output. But commission is generally on sales, as a percent. And piecework is generally a production type thing and is a pay per each one. And both could have a base pay -- i.e. x amount of dollars per week plus the commission.

And yes, sales is part of the P&L statement, usually called an income statement these days. That statement is about what you profited -- and what do you profit off if not your sales?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Payroll Accounting [ 3 Answers ]

Which of the following accounts shows the total gross earnings that the employer incurs as an expense each payday? Payroll taxes, federal income taxes payable, wages expense, or salaries payable?

Simple accounting adjusting entry yet I'm confused [ 2 Answers ]

Somerville Corp. purchases office supplies once a month and prepares monthly financial statement. The asset account Office Supplies on Hand has a balance of $1,450 on May 1. Purchase of supplies during May amount to $1,100. Supplies on hand at May 31 amount to $920. Prepare the necessary adjusting...

I have some simple questions please help? [ 5 Answers ]

Hope I get the ANswer with but more detals , not very much detail, but simple complete detail. Q1) How to set primary key in Access ? Q2) How can I set my query to see only " Female " group of records? Q3)How can I create a report using Access?

View more questions Search