Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RobbyB Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2008, 05:06 AM
    Camera - Advent MP10 Card Error
    Hi All
    I have an Advent MP10 camera which I bought from PC World. I put in an SD card to extend the memory and had no problem. I then lent the card to my son to take some photos of his new baby which he did and returned the card to me. Putting it back in the camera brings up the message CARD ERROR. Bought a new SD card and inserted it and got the same message.
    PC World are useless and keep referring me to a support number which says that they cannot help with this camera and refer me to the help line who then put me back to the same support people and so it goes on and on... It's costing me a fortune. They can't even give me the manufactureres website or contact number.
    Can anyone help?
    Scottish2008 Posts: 501, Reputation: 32

Mar 14, 2008, 07:06 AM
    Have you tried to connect the camera to you home PC or laptop? Try that and then put your card in the camera again and see what message you get. Did they at lest give you some trouble shooting options?
    RobbyB Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2008, 07:23 AM
    Just tried to connect it to my PC (after installing the driver) and now Iget a message USB ERROR

There are no troubleshooting options in the manual and the 10 year old I spoke to in PC world didn't have a clue.

I have just sent a more detailed email to their support centre and hope I might get something back from that.

Thanks anyway for the advice

Rob
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 14, 2008, 07:28 AM
    See if there are instructions for reformatting the card. I suspect that your son's camera somehow adding some formatting that the advent can't read.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Recommend a nanny camera or hidden camera system [ 5 Answers ]

I am hiring a live-in nanny and like any paranoid but responsible parent I want nanny cams. Can anyone recommend a company or system for me asap. I want hidden cameras. I would like to be able to view my house while traveling via internet. Also I want to record all activity in the house. Please...

Card locked on Camera [ 1 Answers ]

We bought a Polaroid i830 for our teachers to use. I have only used the camera a few times. I let another teacher use it, and now it says "Card Locked". It will not ler me take a photo, download pictures, anything. Have any suggestions?

Blessed Advent [ 3 Answers ]

Tomorrow begins Advent; a wonderful time of reflection, hope and excitement. To every person reading this, I pray and wish for Peace and Blessings to come to each of you in a special way this month. For Christians or Curious, here are some reflections for the season that I hope you might find...

Advent L7300 Monitor [ 1 Answers ]

I have the above Laptop, It is switching on as you can hear the LT powering up and the light flashing but the Monitor does not switch on - anybody got any ideas?

View more questions Search