I bought a 1923 $1.00 silver certificate cga graded 66 gem for $240.00
    Was it worth the price.
    [Personal email address removed for privacy.]
    Please confirm back
    Thanks Paul
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2008, 05:15 PM
    PAULSGEMS> NO you did not , NOT With YOU PAIOD FOR IT . In gem in the 2008 book it says for a coin in vf- 40 condition ,The 2008 book says $525.ooSO you got a good deal I think.Heers A little something extra. When a note is found defectivesafter printing,it is replaced with a STAR NOTE. AND WHEN MONEY COMES IN BAD IT ISdone the same way ( destoried ) . A star note is also used for the 100,000,000note in a seriesBecause the machines will niot go over and cannot count over this amountTHE use of stars on large size notesfor this purpose did not began until 1908.PRIOR to that it was merely a part of the design,as on treastreasury notes I hope this hasd helped you and took a load off your mind. If iot has rate my answer below. :::Good Luck & GOD BLESS ::: F.B.E.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Value of silver certificate [ 2 Answers ]

I have several $1.00 silver certificates and a couple of $2.00 ones. I would like an approximate value of a 1923 oversized certificate with a star in front of the serial number. It is in very good condition.

Silver Certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I have two Silver Certificates series 1957B. The serial number is *25978976B and *25978977B I believe the star before the serial number makes it a star silver certificate. Does anyone have an idea of its value?

$1 silver certificate [ 1 Answers ]

OK so I also have a $1 silver certificate 1935 A series. It also has no tears and very few folds in it. If anyone could tall me how much it might be worth that would be great! Thanks:)

$5 silver certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I have a $5 silver certificate 1934 D series. It is in VERY good shape, no tears and very few folds for being as old as it is. If anyone could give me an idea of what is might sell for that would be amazing!! Thanks:)

Silver certificate [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know how much a dollar bill, with a blue stamp,( I believe it's called a silver certificate), is worth. It's pretty worn but not torn or anything.

View more questions Search