Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Neelie Posts: 512, Reputation: 39

Mar 13, 2008, 11:41 PM
    Too late to prune?
    I have quite a few rose bushes, some of which I pruned around November last year, which seem fine. After reading an article I thought I'd done the wrong thing as it said to wait until early spring. I see know that the roses I didn't prune already have shoots etc. is it too late to prune these ones? :)
    PS. I live in East Europe and the climate right now is quite mild.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2008, 11:54 PM
    If you prune the new shoots now, you may cut off flowers before they make themselves known. Prune as they bloom. Roses seem to love that.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2008, 10:47 AM
    Simona... is correct, and I prune my wife's roses in the fall.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2008, 06:42 AM
    Neelie,
    I know that there may be conflicting results that you could find, I simply indicated that I prune my wife's roses for her every fall, and they do absolutely great. This as well as just about any other topic can have reports supporting and going against the act of pruning at any given time of year. I can not say what is actually best, only what has worked for us for many years.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Late period(26 days late) negative HPT's [ 7 Answers ]

I was supposed to have my period about 26 days ago. I still haven't had it, and I have taken 3 HPT, they all came out negative. I've been feeling dizzy and REALLY REALLY tired all the time. I have body itches and headaches andi feel sick at night and in the mornings. I'm also urinating more than...

Can a landlord in NH assess late fees on a late fee carried over month to month? [ 2 Answers ]

My last lease said that on the 5th day a $5.00 fee is assessed and then $2 everyday there after. After I signed my last rent increase, at the time of last renewal I never received a new full lease agreement. Supposedly the amount of late fees went up without notification or signing of notification,...

Late Fees being charged even though I'm not late [ 9 Answers ]

My landlord uses a reale estate company to manage his property. In my lease it clearly states that your rent is late if payment is made 5 days after the due date (which makes it late after the 6th of each month). Can my landlord lawfully charge me a late fee for paying on the 6th day? And, they...

A/c comes on late and goes off too soon [ 1 Answers ]

I recently turned off power to my a/c unit to clean filter and now I have replaced the thermostat due to a/c comes on well above the set degree. Still having problems since changing thermostat.:confused:

Does he still want me or is it too late? [ 2 Answers ]

I had a man ask me out for a date while I was working. I gave him my number and he called me. We ended up going out for about a week and it was very intense and beautiful. I know he was like in love with me by how he looked at me and talked to me. I found out he still had pictures of his...

View more questions Search