Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JJ752 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2008, 06:14 PM
    Dark red spot inside cheek
    Hi I have this kind of dark red nearly black perfect round spot in the inside of my right cheek. It doesn't hurt in the slightest.. it's about 4mm in diameter and is no different in feel than the lining of my inner cheek. I smoke and I am hoping it is not early stages of mouth cancer but after viewing pictures on the web of oral cancer it looks completely different. I felt it today by chance with my tongue after eating a meal. I used my tongue to remove a bit of food from my back teeth and felt this lump... When I looked in the mirror I nearly fell through the floor. I couldn't believe my eyes what I was seeing in my mouth. I have had no sexual contact whatsoever for a long time.. 1 yr maybe, so it's not sexual I am positive. Please experts or anyone.. give me some advice
    Coombes Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2008, 03:57 PM
    It sounds like a blood blister. I often get these from careless chewing, or sometimes I wake up with them if I've bitten my cheek in my sleep (sags between my teeth). If it hasn't gone in a week see a doctor though.
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Mar 14, 2008, 04:30 PM
    Keep an eye on it. Could be a blood blister, a benign sore, it's hard to say. Like the post above says, if it isn't gone in a week or so, have a doctor take a look, especially since you smoke. Better safe than sorry. Hope everything is OK!
    J_Rey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2010, 07:25 PM
    Thank you so much, I just red this and I too have a red spot on the inside of my cheek.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Found two red/dark spots inside my mouth, inner cheek what is this [ 4 Answers ]

Have found two red/dark spots inside my mouth, inner cheek, what are they?

One dark red bump in cheek of mouth [ 29 Answers ]

This mourning I woke up with a pretty big, dark red colored bump inside my mouth on my cheek. I looks like a blood blister but isn't, its so dark it looks black. It looks to be perfectly round. I looked at pictures of hpv and they are all white and nothing like the color of the one in my mouth. ...

Extremely dark red coloured spot inside right cheek (painless) What is it? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have this kind of dark red nearly black perfect round spot in the inside of my right cheek. It doesn't hurt in the slightest.. it's about 4mm in diameter and is no different in feel than the lining of my inner cheek. I smoke and I am hoping it is not early stages of mouth cancer but after...

Dark red bump inside of cheek [ 2 Answers ]

What is this red bump on the inside of my cheek?

Red bump on the inside of my cheek [ 4 Answers ]

I woke up with a red bump on the inside of my cheek, the next day I had grown another one on the other side. They are not painful, but they are soft like jelly feel to them. I'm scared and need help.

View more questions Search