Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Crysi Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2008, 03:43 PM
    Losing weight for special occasions
    Hi. I'm 20 yrs. Old, 5'1' and am approximately 145-150 pounds. That's overweight right?!
    Anyway, I'm to be a chief-bridesmaid in June 08 and I have to get measured for my dress on this Saturday coming. Unfortunately I haven't begun to lose any weight for this occasion.:(
    I was wondering if there's any way I could shed off about about five inches , especially in my abdomen area and three on each thigh for now at least. For Saturday. I contemplated pills, but I'm afraid of the side effects. Any advice or personal experience? Please tell me what I can do if anything for Saturday... :eek:
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Mar 13, 2008, 05:26 PM
    NO. It'll take you about as long to gain the extra weight to take it off. Five inches around your waist is a lot of weight. And there's no way to lose than in just a few days. You need diet and exercise, that's the only way to lose weight. Pills and drinks won't help you. They are a waste of money.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 13, 2008, 05:36 PM
    Ok, so you may be about 20 lbs over, and so much depends on how big your waist is, there is a ratio to waist to other parts of your body.

Five inches is really a unrealistic goal. You should watch your diet and exercise, so that you lose weight properly
    Scottish2008 Posts: 501, Reputation: 32

Mar 14, 2008, 04:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    Five inches is really a unrealistic goal. You should watch your diet and exercise, so that you lose weight properly
    I agree to this answer. Eat healthy and exercise. This is the basics pf losing weight. All you have to do is stick with it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Not losing weight [ 21 Answers ]

I have a problem, I am NOT losing wieght. I have been eating aroudn 1200 calories a day for over two months. I am NOT cheating or forgetting to count anything that goes into my mouth. I have started weight training 3 days a week and I am on my 7th week. I thought I had finally lost 3 pounds to...

Losing weight [ 3 Answers ]

I am so sick of people talking about me because I am fat. I don't think it is right and I want to lose weight I need some tips. I am going to the high school next year and a lot of people say that it is a lot of drama and I don't want nobody talking about me because of this. And it has always been...

What do most tomboys wear on "Special Occasions?" [ 5 Answers ]

I as a tomboy would like to ask... What do tomboys wear on Special Occasions, because I have to go to my grandparents tomorrow, and I have a sweater, embroidered jeans, a sweatshirt, and sneakers out? Are those OK for a tomboy to wear?

View more questions Search