Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FALINA JIMENEZ Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2008, 03:17 PM
    How much time for 1st probation violation?
    HI,

My name is Falina jimenez. My husband is doing time in benton county jail. That's in kennewick, wa. About 4 years ago he was convicted of assault person with a weapon in California and served 2 years. He out out about 2 or 3 years ago. The thing is that they gave him 3 years probation, but he only served 1 and came down to washignton state. Now he has a warrant from California and they are thinking of sending him over there again. I was wondering about how much time he would get? And if he got a lawyer about what are the chances of him getting his time reduced?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 13, 2008, 03:31 PM
    Depends what was the original sentece for ( what crime) and what did you do to violate your probation. ( and is there a court case for that)

But if it is serious enough they can make you serve your entire sentence if they want. It will be up to the judge.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2008, 03:50 PM
    It's what the original judge in California decides. Hiring an attorney is no guarantee that his sentence will be reduced.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probation violation for 1st failed drug test. [ 9 Answers ]

Hey wats up... I got caught on under 50 gram of marijauna and got all the charges moved to a conditional discharge... I went to my PO and after the drug test she told me "if you pass this... u will never see me again" just my luck I found out I failed my first drug test for probation... so I have...

Probation Violation Time Limits [ 7 Answers ]

I need everyone's advice. I was on probation for three years in the state of Virginia for a DUI related incident from May 2002 to May 2005. I violated my probation, but my probation officer never found out as it occurred in another state. Virginia (DMV) has now found out about it. (in July...

Violation of probation 1st time w/ urine [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, so I've on probation for about two years now, and have two more to go. I have been clean on every drug test I've taken, maintained a job and have been to about 90% of my meetings on time, but for the 10% I have always called and rescheduled. I've taken some college courses and am trying to...

1st Time Probation Violation - Failed urine test [ 6 Answers ]

I am a 1st time probationee in Travis County , Tx . I have been on probation for 4 months out of 12 for marijuana possession . I am pretty confident that I will fail this test coming up on Friday . Based on my no previous convictions ( other than traffic offences ) is it likely that my probation...

1st Violation of Probation. [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend got arrested on dec.4 for violation of probation, when he didn't pass a drug test. He's been waiting for his court date since, and now it's been moved once again to the 18th. If this is his 1st offense does it mean that he will get out on his court date? His public defender says that...

View more questions Search