Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ssm Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2008, 01:54 PM
    Disorderly conduct violation
    Hello:

I was sentenced in court. I was told I had disorderly conduct violation. No fines no jail time. Does that mean when asked on an application have you committed a crime I can say no.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 13, 2008, 02:22 PM
    No, it means you did not get fined and had no jail time.

What was your sentence ? If you were found guilty or if you plead guilty then you were guilty of the crime, Normally applications ask if you have ever been convicted of a felony, not merely any crime,

But what was the sentince, not what you did not get, what did you actually get?
    ssm Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2008, 02:28 PM
    Chuck, I was told disorderly conduct violation no fine no time and that was it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Disorderly Conduct, ACD and Background Checks [ 7 Answers ]

Question: In 8/2003 I was charged with disorderly conduct in NY for mouthing off to a police officer (this is a violation and not a misdemeanor in NY). The judge basically laughed at my case and gave me an ACD (adjournment in contemplation of dismissal - 6 months of no trouble and the charges are...

Disorderly Conduct Background Check [ 3 Answers ]

I have received an offer from a consulting firm right out of undergrad. I'm a little worried about an upcoming background check in ILLINOIS. About 10 months ago, I was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct. At the pre-trial, I was given Supervision after pleading guilty, and after 3...

Disorderly conduct, how will it affect me? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a disorderly conduct charge on my record. I am beginning to look for a job ( I am just finishing school) and I am really nervous about how this will affect my job search. When someone looks at my record, what do they see? I am sure that it is more extensive then just saying 'disorderly...

Disorderly conduct for employment app [ 3 Answers ]

Help! I'm applying for a new job(a county job)in my area the app is going to ask have you ever been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor? I have a disorderly conduct charge from about 10 years ago at least of course I would have to mention this(I'm in pennsylvania)will this affect my chances of...

Haunted by a Disorderly Conduct [ 2 Answers ]

Will a Disorderly Conduct (Violation) sealed by the court prevent me from working for specifically for a bank? Or any other types of employment? Also, will my fingerprints show up (the bank is requiring that I submit them) - they were confirmed by the city/county that they were destroyed &...

View more questions Search