Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bimp5 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2008, 12:16 PM
    Show her that I Love Her
    Greetings All,

I would like some help or advice. How can I show my wife I love her other than telling her? We have 8 children and have been together since High School. I want to put a spark back into our marriage but don't know how to go about doing it. She knows I love her but says I don't show it. Any help, tips, advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    LifePaparazzi Posts: 86, Reputation: 9

Mar 13, 2008, 12:33 PM
    Well, not knowing exactly how things work in your household. But for me, it showes real love from my husband when he pitches in with housework, without being asked. He just does stuff as he sees it needs doing.

In addition to that, a romantic evening is always nice. But I'm sure have already thought about that. So here is another suggestion. Leave little love notes in places that only she will find them in. Grab her in front of the kids and lay a big romantic kiss on her. When no one is looking, a little hug or pat on the backside. Out of the blue, send her off to take a nice relaxing bath, that you have prepared for her (candles, bubble bath, glass of whatever, favorite magazine) while you take over what ever she was doing.

These are all things that show love.
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Mar 13, 2008, 12:39 PM
    You could surprise her maybe with flowers or a gift she would appreciate, like a book from a favorite author or a box of nice candy. You could arrange for the two of you to have a romantic evening out together and surprise her with it. Sometimes the best ways to show someone you love them are the ones that don't cost money. You could clean the house and make her dinner sometime when she is out. You could write her a love letter or note and leave for her.

Mar 13, 2008, 01:24 PM
    Excellent Suggestions!! Thank You!! If You Or Anyone Else Has Any Other Tips, Suggestions, Ideas Or Advice. I'm All Ears! Thanks Again!
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2008, 01:31 PM
    Make time to spend with one another in the evening, watch a movie together, or
    Have a glass of wine, listen to some music and dance a little in the middle of the living room floor (My favorite;) )

You could, every once in a while, get her a card.
    Read through them until you find one that matches the both of you perfectly.
    She'll know that you were thinking about her and took the time to show it by
    Reading through some cards until finding the perfect one.
    Put it some place where you'll know she'll find it.

Ask her how her day was and really seem interested when she tells you.

Every once in a while, take it upon yourself to stop by the food store on your
    Way home to pick up some food for you to make a nice family dinner.

And when you say "I love you" say it like you mean it.
    Say it often, at least say it every time you leave the house and
    When you come home.
    life1973happened Posts: 322, Reputation: 109
    -

Mar 13, 2008, 01:44 PM
    As women we wish all men understood that it's the little things we love most. We don't need a monkey dancing and signing at our door, on our birthday. We don't need a flashy card and flowers delivered once a year. We don't need flashy jewelry or big heart candy.

We love little surprises, given when we least expect them, in unlikely places.

~ A note, or card, taped to the steering wheel when we are running to the store, or driving to work.

~ Flowers sent for no reason at all.

~ Dinner made when we arrive home or while we are out.~ A back rub without wanting anything in return (and you know what I mean)

~ My personal favorite....Taking her hand and slow dancing in the middle of the kitchen, living room or bedroom. Regardless, if there is music or not and no matter who's watching. Just gently take her hand and hold her close as you dance together.
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2008, 01:47 PM
    Hey Bimp 5,

Do you know your wife's passions? Does she like art, history, animals, cooking etc? If so, plan a trip for just the both of you and make it all about her.

I know that when a woman says that her husband/boyfriend doesn't act like he loves her, that sometimes mean that he makes it all about him and very little for her. Such as talking. Do you listen, really listen to what she has to say? Do you take action if she is concerned with something in your relationship? Do you try to change siutations that she isn't satisfied with?

Maybe she means your lack of communication is the reason she doesn't feel that you love her though you say it all the time.

Mar 13, 2008, 02:33 PM
    Thank You All So Much! I Will Certainly Try Some Of Your Suggestions And Maybe Brainstorm And Think Of Something On My Own As Well. Thanks Again!
    life1973happened Posts: 322, Reputation: 109
    -

Mar 13, 2008, 02:43 PM
    Please let us know how it goes, will you?

As women, we love, happily ever after's! Let us live through yours okay?
    cmm4ever Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2008, 02:50 PM
    I agree... Giving something to her or doing something (even something small) when not expected is always nice. Ask her what she wants to do etc... tell her you love her and why :)
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 14, 2008, 02:17 PM
    Remember when you were young and having fun? That's exactly what you do, have fun with your female, and let actions take the place of words, as in foot rubs, touches, and just tell her sometimes how glad you are that she chose your ugly a$$ over all the others. Make her smile everyday, by paying attention like you did when you were courting. Enjoy her. Glad you at least are trying to do something, to make her feel wanted, and appreciated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Boyfriend wants me to show him I love him [ 3 Answers ]

K so my boyfriend wants me to show him that I love him but I don't get how I can w/out taking it overboard

Keep NC? Or show her your ok-but still love her/support her? [ 4 Answers ]

Thanks to those who responded to my earlier thread. Refer to it if you need to know the details. I love this girl, not only from a girlfriend perspective but best friend as well. 4 years, seeing each other nearly everyday, or speaking- supporting and everything it is very tough to not speak to...

How do I show him I love him? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi! Me and my boyfriend are both sophmores in high school. We've been dating for 1 yr 3 months and 5 days (dont think its weird that I know the exact length, I have a weird clock thing that says) Anyway, I want to give him a gift! Or do something special for him! Im not broke but I don't want...

How can I show him how much I love him [ 13 Answers ]

We're not married (yet) but I did not know where else to post. We are engaged :D Well my guy has been there for me through it all! He is sooo sweet, no matter how badly I screw up with things he's always there to make me smile. I just recently lost my job and he has gotten a second job, no...

For love or show? [ 13 Answers ]

I was recently hurt severely by a man... who claimed to love me, but in essence, never had time for me. He moved over a year ago... but is always trying to come back... Never has. Something always comes up. Friends followed him to his present location... one in particular... female. He claims...

View more questions Search