Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Noah_colton Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2008, 11:55 AM
    Why is my period 2 weeks late
    Hello My period is 2 weeks late and I usually have a 28 day cycle. My last period was on January 29, 2008 and it is now March 13, 2008, I am really worried. I have taken 4 pregnancy tests and they all came back negative. I have pregnancy symptoms which are missing period, cramps, craving for food, urinating frequently, bloating, nausea and a few weeks ago I felt dizzy afew times. I also have an IUD for my Birth control. Could someone tell me is it possible that I could be having a tubal(ectopic) Pregnancy? Could ectopic pregnancy cause a false negative on a test, please help me, any help is gratefully appreciated:(
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Mar 13, 2008, 12:56 PM
    There could be lots of reasons for your period to be late, so the best thing to do would be to go to the doctor. Some reasons for your period to be late include illness, a change in schedule, taking certain medications, weight changes, and stress. When you took the pregnancy tests, did you use them first thing in the morning? That is the best time to use them. If you're feeling nausea, etc. I think you should get checked out by a doctor.

These links have info on ectopic pregnancy:

Ectopic Pregnancy Symptoms, Causes, and Treatments

Ectopic Pregnancy Information by MedicineNet.com

An ectopic pregnancy could be causing a false negative, but that doesn't mean that is why you are late. See what the doctor thinks. How long have you had the IUD? Is it something you recently got? While I do think you should see a doctor, remember that what you are feeling could also be PMS and you could just be a little late. I hope everything is OK!

Mar 13, 2008, 12:58 PM
    I have had the IUD since March 2005, and I am not under any stress or any other thing you said. I have called my doctor but they can't get me in for 2 weeks, They said March 27, should I try to get another doctor

Mar 13, 2008, 01:16 PM
    Are you having any symptoms of an ectopic pregnancy, like a sharp pain or anything? If you are really concerned or are having symptoms then see if you can find another doctor who can get you in sooner.

Mar 13, 2008, 01:24 PM
    A few nights ago I was having a few sharp pains but other than that just cramps in my stomach.

Mar 13, 2008, 01:43 PM
    Well, if you have been having pains, it might be good for you to go sooner. Hopefully, you are just fine, but if you're worrying about it and having pains, I think it would be good for you to go sooner, if possible.

Mar 13, 2008, 01:46 PM
    Thanks, I have called the doctor about gettting a blood test done but they won't do it for me, they told me to do a urien sample and they will test that, I have already did 4 tests with urine and they have all been negative so what the hell would be the point to do it again.

Mar 13, 2008, 01:58 PM
    Maybe they think the hormone levels will be higher now or something like that. Did you tell them you are worried about ectopic pregnancy? Are they doing just a test or an actual examination and a test?

Mar 13, 2008, 03:32 PM
    Just a test, its like they don't care at all what's going on
    viivincent Posts: 26, Reputation: 0

Mar 14, 2008, 06:05 PM
    I'm in a similar situation. My period is 2 weeks late. We've only been using condoms for birth control. I went in for a blood test and it came back negative. I'm having all the same symptoms of pregnancy that I was when I was pregnant with our daughter. For me it usually takes a few weeks before I test positive. So, in a week or so I'm going to take another home test and make an appointment. Maybe the ob's get a lot of women who think their pregnant when their not or something because they treat me like I'm ridiculous and wrong. Who knows. Going in in a couple of weeeks for a test sounds like a good idea but if I were you I'd call back and insist they make that an actual appointment.

Mar 21, 2008, 09:00 PM
    Still No period andI am now 24 days late, uggg this sucks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2 weeks late on my period and negative hpt [ 23 Answers ]

Hi I'm 18 years old I have never been on birth control, my periods are very regular 28 days exactly normally early in the morning to be exact. Anyway one month ago tomorrow I had a one night stand and I know this was ridiculous I don't need anyone to tell me that it wasn't but we reused a condom...

Only one normal period after miscarriage in Jan.now 2 weeks late. [ 3 Answers ]

I was 16 weeks pregnant when I had to have an emergency D&C on January 9, 2007. I healed quickly and had a normal period on February 8, 2007. My periods are usually regular and have never really been affected by previous stressful times in my life. My partner and I weren't going to try to get...

Still no period. 2 weeks late! [ 8 Answers ]

I think I could be pregnant but I am not sure as the tests I have done are negative. The last period I had was the 23 March and wasn't a regular period as it was on and off for only 2 days when I'm usually on for about 5. I am 2 weeks late on my period now and last night I started spotting but...

2 weeks late on period [ 6 Answers ]

I am over two weeks late on my period. I have always been regular. Im not under any unusal stress, haven't changed my diet or weight, haven't been recently ill and haven't been on any medication. I have taken countless pregnancy tests and they have all came out negative. I feel some of the...

Late period of 2 weeks but negative result [ 1 Answers ]

Hey everyone, I just have a few questions that I want to ask if anyone has got an answer canyou please message back. Well I have a late period of about 2 and a half weeks now. I took a HPT 5 days ago. I am going to take another one Sunday to see what that says as I have a few symptoms of pregnancy...

View more questions Search