Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tgallo50 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2008, 08:56 AM
    Showing an occupied unit to prospective tenant w/24 hr notice
    In NYS does a landlord have a right to show an occupied unit to a prospective tenant if he received a notice to vacate from the current tenant and provides the current tenant with at least 24 hour notice?
    Cvillecpm Posts: 553, Reputation: 28

Mar 13, 2008, 05:34 PM
    Yes - when the unit is VACANT and CLEAN * take loads of pictures and use those in your marketing efforts next time. Prospective tenants now want to PREVIEW rental homes online and with photos you can attract a better class of prospects by using Craigslist, etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Landlord showing apartment while occupied [ 10 Answers ]

Does anyone know if it is legal for a landlord to show an apartment while it is still occupied. I have satisfied my lease and am moving in 30 days. She keeps giving my telephone number to people who are calling me wanting to view. I told her to stop so now she is going to just show the place...

Showing unit to perspective tenant [ 4 Answers ]

I have a question with regards to showing a unit to a perspective tenant after the current tenant (i.e house roommates) has given notice to move. I was at my rental unit making repairs to a kitchen floor (I had given 30-days notice of entry -- PLENTY of time). While I was repairing the floor, a...

Notice to tenant [ 4 Answers ]

I received a 3 day notice to tenant. If I do not pay the rent do I need to vacate in three days or do I have thirty days?

Showing a rental unit [ 2 Answers ]

I read some postings regarding the 24 hour notice required of a realtor prior to showing a rental unit that is for sale. Does this hold true in California and/or is there any other rules in California pertaining to this situation I should know about? Thank you.

PA Law Regarding Showing Occupied Rental Units [ 9 Answers ]

We live in Pennsylvania and we are in a battle with our landlord. During the two years we've lived here, our landlord has basically been a slumlord. He has left us without heat for days at a time, because he wouldn't fill the oil up before it ran out. We have had countless leaks, which caused a...

View more questions Search