Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mmartin602 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2008, 08:48 AM
    Women's Health
    I am 9 days late for my period. 2 days ago I took a pregnancy test and it was negative. My nipples are soooo tender and there is no sign of my period. Is there a chance I am pregnant, and if so, why would the test be negative?
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Mar 13, 2008, 02:04 PM
    Well, sometime the tests can be false negatives. Can I ask you a few questions? Have you recently started or stopped taking birth control? Has there been a major change in your schedule or have you been sick recently? Are your periods usually regular?

Here is a link about irregular periods:

Womens Health Topic Center CAP Page

When you use the pregnancy test make sure you use it first thing in the morning, as it is more likely to be accurate at that time. If you don't get your period in another week, take another test. If it still says negative and your period hasn't come, go to a doctor and have them test there. Remember you could just be late and your symptom of tender nipples could be from PMS.
    melissa0819 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2008, 02:07 PM
    The same thing happened to me.wait till you are over 2weeks late then take another 1

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Women's health [ 1 Answers ]

Can eating Yams really help in conceiving twins?

Women's health [ 1 Answers ]

I have endomerious and my doctor has put me on a hormone injection called zoladex.I had the injection last month and was told my period would stop.but yesterday I started to bleed is this normal or should I be worried

Women's health [ 3 Answers ]

Am I fertile during the days of my missed periods?

Women's health [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, does it hurt when you loose your virginity? Because I went to have sex with my boyfriend and it really hurt so I had to stop! X

View more questions Search