Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    phoenirius Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2006, 01:59 PM
    Polynomial Functions
    Using transformations and the zeros of the polynomial function f(x)=x(x-4)(x+2) how could you determine the zeros of y=f(2x)??

Thanks
    reinsuranc Posts: 92, Reputation: 6

Feb 1, 2006, 02:31 PM
    f(x) = x(x-4)(x+2)
    f(2x) = 2x(2x-4)(2x+2)

If f(2x)=0, then (2x=0) or (2x-4 = 0) or (2x+2 = 0),
    so x=0 or x=2 or x=-1.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Polynomial Functions [ 1 Answers ]

How would you solve x^3-3x^2+2=0? Given P(x)=x^3-2x^2-x+8 how could you use its graph to solve x^3-2x^2>4x-8? Does it show you where it shifts and to what quadrant? I'm confused. What is the solution to x^3-2x^2>4x-8? Thank you.

Functions [ 7 Answers ]

Why would f(x) =pi/4x^3-sqrt2x+4 be classified as a polynomial? How would you determine the domain and range of y=x^4-4x^2? Assuming that the zeros of the function y=x^3+mx^2+nx+2 are integers how would you determine the values of m and n?? Thank you.

Algebra of functions [ 1 Answers ]

#1 Given f(x)-x^2-4 and g(x)=2x-1 how would you determine the value of (f+g)(3) and (f/g)(-1)? #2 If f(x)=x+2 and g(x)=x how would you find the value or values for which (fg)(x)=8? Thank you.

PHP ftp functions [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to write a page to ftp files from my PC to my website. I am able to connect and log in using ftp_connect() and ftp_login(), but the ftp_put function won't work. What do I use as the values for the parameters? $upload= ftp_put($conn_id,$destination_file,$source_file,FTP_ASCII); if...

View more questions Search