Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2008, 08:26 AM
    Credendovidis, I think you are absorbed with your views and lack the ability to objectively respect anyone else's views. The reason I think this is:

Only you - and many with you - seem so blinded by their BELIEF that they fail to see that.
    Indeed I do not have any faith in (your) Christian basics
    But know that every time you claim that what you BELIEVE is true (as in reality or fact) , I will ask for objective supporting evidence for that.
    Whether you like that or not.
    You must have missed it in my early post, so let me put it in terms you might understand:

I AM NOT A CHRISTIAN. I AM AN ATHEIST, A HEATHEN, A NON-BELIEVER. BUT I HAVE RESPECT FOR OTHERS, AND I HAVE A BASIC UNDERSTANDING OF WHY PEOPLE BELIEVE THE WAY THEY DO - FAITH.

Here's the thing, your approach, it sucks. You're confrontational. Your're demanding, and apparently you read what you want in people's posts (since you think I'm a Christian) and react to it instead of comprehending what has been written (please see my sig for help with that). Is it one of those, "If you aren't with me, you must be against me" things? Isn't that a Christian principle? This entire thread has been an example of you pushing your standards on others, while you are unwilling or unable to accept that from others. You're completely inflexible. You object to Christians who verbally assault you for your lack of belief, yet here you are verbally assaulting people for not phrasing things the way YOU want them phrased. Instead of having this argument (I can't believe, which, for the record, I agree with) with an individual on this board who has actually bullied you into it, you have decided to launch a pseudo-attack on all the theists on this board, and condemn them all when they don't refer to something as their BELIEF.

You say it doesn't bother you that other people BELIEVE, but apparently it does, because you just can't get over that their reality is different than your own. It is apparent to me you want to argue. You want to prove your point, you want everyone to say something is their belief, no matter what the basis in their post is (you do it in other threads too).

So carry on, since I'm sure none of this will have any effect. I encourage you again to use your "ignore" button for people who demand you convert to their beliefs. If it bothers you so much, you're probably better served ignoring them, because honestly, people who behave in that manner are not going to change their approach because some guy on the interwebs said so.

And with that, I'm unsubscribing.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Apr 5, 2008, 12:05 AM
    Reaction to jillianleab
    Re. your own personal views :
    As this is a Christianity board all my posts are focused on that religion. Your personal religious preference is not relevant here. Nor is mine.
    Re. your reaction :
    And all that because I keep pointing out the difference between BELIEVING something and CLAIMING that what one BELIEVES is not FACTUAL till one provides objective supporting evidence for that claim?
    What one BELIEVES may be a form of reality to that specific BELIEVER, but it may SEEM as foolish and/or wrong to anyone else. Note : I do not say that such a person IS a fool or wrong.
    Re. your statement "... I HAVE A BASIC UNDERSTANDING OF WHY PEOPLE BELIEVE THE WAY THEY DO - FAITH."
    I also have that understanding. And do in no way attack people for what they believe and for their faith.
    But that does not mean that what Christians believe is reality, nor that they have the right to qualify others for their views ... Christians have the mission "to spread the word". Not to push it through other peoples throat.
    Re. your allegation : "... and (you) lack the ability to objectively respect anyone else's views... " :
    Respect never can be "objective". Either you respect other people and/or other peoples views, or you don't. Showing respect is something else than agreeing.
    I nearly always show respect for other (religious) views. I even add frequently lines like "With all respect" in situations where one has to strongly oppose something stated by someone else.
    In my entire life I have always been extremely tolerant to other (religious) views.
    I often add to my posts lines like "from me you may believe anything you prefer. I even support your right to do that."
    Of course you can always start nitpicking and lifting words and sentences out of their wider context...
    I started this topic to underline :
    - the actually negative approach towards non-Christians by calling their views here on this board WRONG
    - the resulting de-motivation of non-Christians by bombarding them with quotes based on belief only.
    - that what one believes is just that : BELIEF. And that it only becomes true by providing objected evidence.
    - the approach as if one can swap personal belief as if it is a book page. Specially in the view that people stating that, often also mention that their own belief is as solid as a rock. So why should whatever I believe be any different than solid like a rock?
    Your approach here... well... really amazing...
    ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search