Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Purrcy Posts: 70, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2008, 07:45 PM
    Dream meaning
    Hey, my friend had a dream about me. She said that I have fish body with my head on it. Not like a mermaid nothing like that, just a fish. One day she was at the mall and she saw me walking around at the mall with fish body. Then the next, she was at home and thougth its time to feed the fish and she saw me with fish body in the fishbowl and waiting for her to drop the food. She woke up and thought it was very strange dream like that. Then she realized it would be sign as me becoming pregnant. I told her, I just done with my period. So its no way that I'm pregnant. So can you guys tell me what it is meant or my friend is right? Let me know. Many thanks.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Mar 12, 2008, 08:28 PM
    Fish/water/sea animals often signify pregnancy. Doesn't mean that you are, obviously. Or even that you are one that significance was about. Perhaps she's pregnant. Perhaps it was just some random dream.

I found a link for you, however: Dream Symbols - Fish and Water Creatures - Dreams
    rjsnyder114 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2008, 09:25 AM
    Your friend is seeing you as a person to worry about. Like you would worry about a pet. I am sorry if this offends you in any way I am just giving you my opinion. I do not believe that pregnancy has anything to do with this dream. I believe that your friend sees you as maybe a needy person. This is what I get.
    rose1111 Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Dec 31, 2008, 10:09 PM

It means that you are one of the many many people she will help.
    Alder Posts: 342, Reputation: 71

Feb 20, 2009, 11:10 PM

Sometimes in dreams solid land means the conscious mind, rational thought, where water/ocean means the sub-conscious, the creative imagination. That's the pregnancy connection: Creative = fertility = pregnancy. But it could mean pregnant with new ideas, as opposed to physical pregnancy. In any event, she is connecting you with the ocean/water symbol, which in dreams can mean instability, passion, intuition, imagination, the world beyond the rational.

It also suggests the Queen of Cups from the Tarot deck. Cups is the suit of water, and of feelings, passions, sensations. The Queen of Cups is the Queen of Secrets, the one who can be trusted with secrets (in many decks she is shown holding a cup with a closed lid on it). It is a card about loyalty and trust.
    frangipanis Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2009, 03:33 AM

Your friend's dream reminded me of a passage from 'an imaginary life' by David Malouf:

"...I fall asleep almost immediately, and dream. What I half thought in the woods yesterday, while we were watching the Child, is true. We have all been transformed, the whole group of us, and become part of the woods. We are mushrooms, we are stones - I recognise my companions. I am a pool of water. I feel myself warm in the sunlight, liquid, filled with the blue of the sky; but I am the merest broken fragment of it, and I feel, softly, the clouds passing through me, their reflections, and once the suddenness of wings. Slowly it grows dark. A breeze shivers my surface. And as darkness passes over me I begin to be afraid. My spirit hovers somewhere close and will, I know, come back to me when I wake. But I am afraid suddenly to be just a pool of rain in the forest, feeling the night creep over me, feeling myself grow cold and fill with starlight, feeling the temperature drop. I consider what it might be like to freeze. I imagine that. But only at the edges of myself, as the first ice crystals click into shape. It is fearful. What would happen to my spirit then? I lie in the dark of the forest waiting for the moon. And softly, nearby, there are footsteps. A deer. The animal's face leans towards me. I am filled with tenderness for it. Its tongue touches the surface of me, lapping a little. It takes part of me into itself, but I do not feel at all diminished. The sensation on the surface of me is extraordinary, I break in circles. Part of me enters the deer, which lifts its head slowly, and moves away over the leaves. I feel part of me moving away, and the rest falls still again, settles, goes clear. What if a wolf came, I suddenly ask myself? What if the next tongue that touched me were the wolf's tongue, rough, greedy, drinking me down to the last drop and leaving me dry? That too is possible. I imagine it, begin drawn up into the wolf's belly. I prepare for it."

Your friend has a wonderfully fertile imagination and experiences a strong bond of friendship with you, that much is clear. What others have passed on to you on the meaning of water in dreams, sounds about right too...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the meaning [ 2 Answers ]

Does anybody know the meaning of the name JOHN:confused:

Dream meaning [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, the past few days, I have had the same dream. I start on a beach with my boyfriend, and we rent a boat and paddle out into the lake, when we get to the center of the lake, he pushes me off the boat, and holds me under water, that is when I wake up coughing and choking. Now, my boyfriend is in...

Other meaning of a name [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any other meaning for the name 'Harrison' other than son of harry?

View more questions Search