Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    revenge Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Mar 12, 2008, 06:44 PM
    I have a dot on my eye.
    Hi people. I have a white dot on my pupil, which is the middle of eye. Right in the middle. The pupil. It is a small dot size of this ( . ) it is in my left eye and my vision is not good. But my right eye has vision of an eagle. So if it is something that is familiar to you please tell me what it could be. Thanks. Looking forward to your response. Thanks
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2008, 09:25 PM
    Could be the beginning of glaucoma. Go see an optometrist ASAP for tests!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2008, 02:57 PM
    You need to get a professional to check you before it gets worse.
    It could be a number of things that you most definitely would need checked.
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Mar 13, 2008, 03:09 PM
    Absolutely get to a doctor right away. It's hard to say what it might be, but so often with eye conditions and diseases, the key is early detection and treatment.
    Jnkmeiwes Posts: 37, Reputation: 4

Mar 14, 2008, 10:10 PM
    I am a certified ophthalmic technician. You need to see an OPHTHALMOLOGIST, not an optometrist, (they just screen & fit for glasses) & make sure you DO get dilated. That is the only way to get a total veiw of the eye. How old are you? Did the vision in your left eye recently go bad? It sounds like it could be a cataract. You can get them at ANY age, from birth to the elderly. Also it could be an ocular tumor, not to scare you. I work at a very large eye clinic (about 30 eye doctors) and we see all kinds of ocular diseases. PLEASE PLEASE take it seriously. And seek some professional advice.

I AM JUST GIVING MY OPINION AND NOT MEDICAL ADVICE OR PROFESSIONAL HELP
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2008, 11:25 AM
    Usually an insurance company will require a visit to the optometrist for basic testing before they will approve (pay for) a visit to an ophthalmologist. This is a serious issue, though, you need to get attention from professionals quickly.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2008, 12:54 PM
    As others mentioned,professional help is needed for you to be sure of what you have and to get the right treatment.

I was also wondering if you are a diabetic,as I know someone who sees visions of a chinese letter,which is due to her being diabetic and she has diabetic retinopathy- Facts About Diabetic Retinopathy [NEI Health Information]
    Jnkmeiwes Posts: 37, Reputation: 4

Mar 15, 2008, 04:25 PM
    MEdical insurance does not usually cover Optometrist visits, but they do cover Ophthalmologists because they are Medical Doctors. Vision insurance is usually what optometrists. But whatever works out for you is the best option to do as long as your at least seen by a professional.

Mar 25, 2008, 08:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnkmeiwes
    I am a certified ophthalmic technician. You need to see an OPHTHALMOLOGIST, not an optometrist, (they just screen & fit for glasses) & make sure you DO get dilated. That is the only way to get a total veiw of the eye. How old are you? did the vision in your left eye recently go bad? It sounds like it could be a cataract. You can get them at ANY age, from birth to the elderly. Also it could be an ocular tumor, not to scare you. I work at a very large eye clinic (about 30 eye doctors) and we see all kinds of ocular diseases. PLEASE PLEASE take it seriously. and seek some professional advice.

I AM JUST GIVING MY OPINION AND NOT MEDICAL ADVICE OR PROFESSIONAL HELP
    I checked on internet and cataract is very close to what I have. But The size is so small that you can only see from a feet. Its smaller than ( . ) this. Once a family physician checked and he said that it is nothing. But he only wanted to get money for checking my eye and I don't believe that. He just wanted to get rid of me and so on. Please if you something about it just tell me . Thanks.

Mar 25, 2008, 08:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by revenge
    i checked on internet and cataract is very close to what i have. but The size is so small that you can only see from a feet. its smaller than ( . ) this. Once a family physician checked and he said that it is nothing. but he only wanted to get money for checking my eye and i dont believe that. he just wanted to get rid of me and so on. Please if you know something about it just tell me . Thanks.
    thanks.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2008, 02:32 PM
    If your vision is bothering you you should go to a different doctor then.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where can we obtain an eye examination and eye glasses free ? [ 5 Answers ]

I have not been able to afford an eye examination or eye glasses for quit some time, for my wife and myself, we are currently using reader glasses that are quit old and we can't see very well with them. I am 53 years old and reside in Oklahoma.

Texas dot [ 1 Answers ]

I have a usdot number - do I also need a Texas dot number?

View more questions Search