Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1288760 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2008, 05:36 PM
    Heat blows cold air
    My daughter recently rented a house. The heat in the house blows cold air in two of the bedrooms and one vent in the dining room. The landlord is telling her these are return air ducts. If this is the case half of her house has no heat. Is this possible, there are what appear to be two return air ducts in the bathroom. This is a very old mobile home actually it is to mobile homes which have been put together to create a doublewide. One side of the home has no heat. I don't think it was ever hooked up. Thanks for your help
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Mar 12, 2008, 05:59 PM
    If two mobiles have been put together they should both have a furnace as the were originally equipped with one each

Sounds like the person who put these units together did a hack job. Usually one mobile furnace can only keep up with the heat requirements of that unit and asking one furnace to do both units will not work.

You need to have a talk with the owner to see if he is going to fix this problem.
    I will warn you that heating a old mobile home is very expensive an doing two of them will break the bank.
    Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

CARRIER 58RAV Furnace Blows Cold Air-No Heat [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Carrier Model # 58RAV50-13112 Gas Furnace (fueled by propane) that isn’t working properly. It’s a holiday weekend and I’m without heat, so any help would be greatly appreciated. The furnace was operating properly throughout last winter. However, now it‘s not working. The fan runs but...

Central heat blows cold air [ 13 Answers ]

We have a central ac/heat system by amana(modBMA42F10A).. ac works great.. Heat blows cold air... used last year and worked fine.. seems like heat coils are not turning on... I took them out cleaned and checked them for continuity.. put them back.. Temp limit sensor was dirty... (cleaned it...

Central Heat/blows cold air in unit downstairs [ 1 Answers ]

\ Our heating unit (central) is blowing cold air. This is only occurring in downstairs unit. There are 2 separate units in the home. Any ideas on what to do before calling an expert? The HVAC unit is all electric. It is set to Auto. We had problems with the A/C where you gad to set the...

View more questions Search