Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dead_city Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2008, 02:32 PM
    Adoption or this?
    My friend Tikani wants a baby really bad. She is only 16!!
    I try to support her but I don't know how.
    She said she wants one now or she will never have one.
    Tikani is thinking of going to a sperm doner and pretending that it was like a one nights stand.
    OR adopting with the help of her big sister.
    I know she is crazy but whitch one would you choose.
    Don't say neither (:
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 12, 2008, 02:37 PM
    Neither.

Sorry to say, she is too young to have a child at this time in her life. Can she afford it? Probably not, she's only 16, so adoption is out of the question, no agency in their right mind will allow her to adopt, and there is no way that she can adopt "with the help of her big sister." That's just not possible.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 12, 2008, 03:18 PM
    She is too young for any of it, she can not legally adopt, and she can get get sperm from the sperm bank, she may just start having sex with someone but obvoiusly since she things if she does not have one now, she never will, she is not thinking properly. She obvously has some seroius emotional or mental issue and needs much more help than we can give, if she is that obsessed.
    FeelSoNumbZombie Posts: 129, Reputation: 10

Mar 22, 2008, 10:10 AM
    A baby changes your life. It requires time, patience, love, nurturing, and most of all, MONEY! Lots of it to insure that your friend would be able to provide even the necessities such as diapers and formula- alone.
    It might be wise to have her go online and speak with single mothers. Most single young mothers- struggle.
    They have inner battles with themselves. Mainly due to not having the maturities to handle such an endeavor.
    Like waking up in the middle of the night to a child that is screaming her head off and you are unable to to determine why. This is a frieghtening experience. Especially if the mother has to work in the am just to buy diapers and keep a roof over their heads.
    Or doesn't have any help. Isn't able to date. Isn't able to go out with her friends or do the things that young people value. Or isn't able to go and buy milk or diapers without having to carry her child to the market in the middle of a snow storm.
    Because she cannot afford a car.
    Babies cost a lot. More than money! If you aren't really ready for the commitment's that a child needs to survive.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2008, 11:31 AM
    I know so many kids having kids and then the novelty wears off and they can't be bothered any more and leave it up to grandma to raise. She says if she doesn't have one now she never will. At 16 kids say lots of things that they do not mean because as they grow older and see things from a grown up perspective they do not hold on to their irrational reasoning they had as a teen.
    As the others have said she is too young to adopt or go to a sperm donor so the choice IS neither.
    Where would she even get the money for the adoption agency or the sperm bank?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need to open adoption records on closed adoption [ 13 Answers ]

:confused: I am looking for my son I keep hitting roadblocks today I found out it was a closed adoption I need to know how to get these records opened

Adoption or just the same last name [ 2 Answers ]

If I'm pregnant and marrying someone who is not the father , I will have his last name and the baby will have his last name also... but can it be considered fraud if I put him on the birth certificate knowing he is not the father?

Adoption, [ 3 Answers ]

Is there a registery where biological parents, mothers can go to help their children find them?

Adoption [ 2 Answers ]

How long do birthparents have to sign their rights away?

Adoption [ 4 Answers ]

Anyone know of a forum that deals with adoption law? Or can anyone here answer what I think is a simple question on the subject?

View more questions Search