Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrudul Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2008, 01:46 PM
    Old missing mortgage payment
    Am I responsible for a missing payment in 2005. Lender 1 sold my mortgage to Lender 2. Lender 1 is asking for an old payment now (after 3 years). Do you think I should make that payment
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2008, 05:17 PM
    If you did miss the payment they can ask for it. Look through your records and determine if you actually did miss the payment in question. Lenders are getting picky these days and seeking more money in any area they can.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 12, 2008, 05:30 PM
    If it was not made, yes, you owe it to the company that currently owns the mortgage, you can ask them for an accounting statement showing all payments though that period.
    mrudul Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2008, 09:09 PM
    It's old mortgage company who is asking for the money. It doesn't have to do anything with my current mortgage company. Old company sold the mortgage 2 years back

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Payment Plan Mortgage payment behind [ 3 Answers ]

I was recently off work for two months and unable to pay my mortgage payments. My company put me on a payment plan and now they are charging me with other fees that were not told to me. I want to know how can I find out if their practices are legal. Who is the watchdog for these companies. I am...

Skip a mortgage payment [ 5 Answers ]

I have never been in the situation I am right now. I do not know how to approach my mortgage company to see about skipping a payment or making interest only payments. How should such a conversation be done

Mortgage Loan Payment [ 2 Answers ]

WHat is the monthly payment on a 30 year loan for $200,000 at 8%

Mortgage Payment After Tax Refund [ 3 Answers ]

How do I canculate how much tax refund I will get from the IRS. I am planning to buy a townhome for $700K in NJ. Property taxes are $7600 annually. Mortgage Loan amount borrowed will be $670,000. Also is there a way to get tax refund on a quarterly or monthly basis or would I need to wait till...

Mortgage Payment [ 3 Answers ]

My husband is the borrower and I am the co-borrower on our mortgage. My husband died 9/11/06. I am now 3 months behind on payment (had to pay for funeral). I no longer qualify for my husband's SS money, because my SS is higher. I can pay the mortgage myself if the bank would just put the 3 payments...

View more questions Search