Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bobm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2003, 10:51 AM
    Gutters
    I need help selecting a "gutter guard" product. Do they really work, or do they just slow down the build-up? Which works best? My open gutters get full of debris, but I can easily clean them with a leaf blower. The guard systems have to have openings for water, and it seems like they may trap leaves by their stems, and still let in small leaves, twigs, and - my biggest problem - maple seeds. Once in place, how do you clean the gutters if they still get clogged?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2003, 04:52 PM
    gutters
    I have had fairly good luck with guards that are 3', arched, expanded aluminum. They have 2 little hinges that clip to the gutter. You can easily flip them up to clean them. I still have to clean them, but maybe twice a year instead of twice a week in the maple season. Most of your home improvement places have them. They are cheap too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gutters: What to Look For? [ 7 Answers ]

I want to fit gutters on my house. Presently, the house has only a drip edge. But with a new roof and paint job just completed, I think adding gutters, (south FL location; lots of rain), is a wise move. Never having done this before, can someone point me in the right direction? What's good,...

Leafguard gutters [ 3 Answers ]

We're about to engage a company to replace our gutters with "leafguard", one piece gutters. While checking the web for distributors in another family members town, I discovered A LOT of unhappy owners of one piece gutter systems. Most are saying that they are more hassle then they are worth due...

Gutters or no gutters [ 4 Answers ]

I don't have them now but I want them because during heavy rain.. water seeps into basement and sump pump gets rid of it... I want to cut down on water seepage but I cannot afford to repair basement at this moment... will gutters be OK and how do I protect them from ice and snow come winter?I live...

View more questions Search