Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tina999 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2008, 12:05 PM
    Small trucking company and insurance
    We are a small trucking company which has a driver wanting to lease on with us. He has already purchased the liability insurance for his truck and wants to continue to use that. He says that the company he was with before allowed him to run under his own insurance but I don't believe that is legal. Does anyone have any knowledge on this subject? Thank you.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2008, 12:16 PM
    I don't think it would be legal or even a good idea because now when somebody sues they sue everything and everyone involved. Like if someone eats at a mall and they get sick they sue the restaurant they ate at, the food company they got sick on and the mall.
    If it is legal and you hire him you should get an LLC license if you don't already have on.
    May be a good idea even if you do not hire him.
    Here is a site I think should answer your ?'s
    http://www.wsib.on.ca/wsib/wsibsite.nsf/LookupFiles/DownloadableFileTransportationIndependentOperator/$File/TransIO.pdf

Don't know if this would be of any interest to you.

loadcator.com - Home
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2008, 10:45 AM
    I think that he can have his own liability insurance for the rig itself, but for the trailer and contents, that would be your responsibility. I would suggest contacting your insurance company.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trucking Company [ 15 Answers ]

Hey Experts! I am an owner operator currently work for a small company in Chicago. I live in LA County California. I own a big rig and have all my numbers (MC, US DOT). I am trying to start my own company and subcontract other owner operators to drive for me. Can anyone give me advice on how to...

Starting my own trucking company [ 2 Answers ]

I have my own authority and Insurance on the truck that I own. But I don't know of or have the resources to find the right paying loads with the right companies and find the right contract that's needed to keep me rolling all year long.

Trucking company [ 8 Answers ]

How Do I Start My Own Trucknig Company?. any Tips?. or Suggestions?

Small Business Company Insurance [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: How do you get insurance for a new small business company? What service providers do I need to look at? My setting is in Washington, DC. What are the best places for small business insurance?:confused:

View more questions Search