Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Raiyn Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2008, 11:55 AM
    What is this?
    For the last year or so I have had a couple things going on that I can't figure out. I have had really bad headaches that won't go away for days at a time. When I stand up or when I am walking I become really dizzy, and sometimes can't keep my balance, and my vision gets really blurry. I recently about a month and a half ago I have almost completely lost my appetite: when I'm hungry I get up to eat but after a few bites, not even half of the meal, I'm full and not hungry again until sometimes the next day. Im always so tired that I can't keep myself awake unless I'm moving, but I'm getting a lot of sleep, 8hrs a night. I have asked several people what it could be, but I don't want to pay for the doctor's visit if its something that can be fixed on my own.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2008, 12:19 PM
    Are you eating a balanced diet?
    No junk food or caffeine?
    If you don't have much of an appetite could you be anorexic?
    You might want to take a multiple vitamin and a B complex after your biggest meal
    That should help increase your appetite as well as help you feel a little healthier.
    In the meantime you need to start saving money and find a doctor to see.
    Maybe a nutritionalist or an alternative dr might be a better choice because
    I found out the hard way that if you do not have insurance the doctors triple the price from what they charge the insurance company.
    Also watch for a health fair or something in your area.
    I find them every so often. Last one I went to was at a church last year,
    I also went to one at a community street fair one time.
    They will check the basics to give you an idea of things like your blood pressure, blood sugar and cholesterol.

You could also go to the ER and pay so much a month until it is paid off.
    Are there any clinics where you live?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 12, 2008, 02:27 PM
    One simple question... Do you have high blood pressure?
    Chrissyg89 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2008, 02:31 PM
    I AM NOT A DOC! Had to say that, however, it sounds like you may be animic. Your health is not something to play with, just to let you know... if you go to the er, or a clinic, they cannot make you pay right then and there, you will have instalments of as low and 10 bucks a month, or you may not have to pay at all. Go see someone! And if it is high blood pressure like someone suggested, you are at risk of a stroke. So in conclusion.. GO SEE SOMEONE!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 12, 2008, 02:35 PM
    Hypertension, or high blood pressure, can cause these symptoms as well as anemia, and certain other illnesses.

Unfortunately we are not doctors here, I'm about the closest you come to one here, and please understand that we cannot diagnose via the internet. Without a complete history and physical exam, including specific lab tests, it's impossible to tell you what you are suffering from.

It is important though, that you make an appointment and get a proper diagnosis, because some conditions only worsen without you even knowing it, such as high blood pressure, that can damage kidneys, lungs and heart, to name a few.
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Mar 12, 2008, 03:27 PM
    If you don't have insurance, see if there are any clinics for the uninsured in your area. The health care at those clinics is either free or they bill you at a reduced rate based on your income. Clinics for the uninsured and hospitals often let you make payments as well. If you need to go to the hospital and have tests done or something like that, talk to the financial counselor there about a payment plan. There is also financial aid available to those who qualify.

I agree you should see a doctor asap, because it's impossible to diagnose online. I do hope you are feeling better soon!
    2008chrissy Posts: 131, Reputation: 18

Mar 25, 2008, 01:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissyg89
    I AM NOT A DOC! had to say that, however, it sounds like you may be animic. Your health is not something to play with, just to let you know... if you go to the er, or a clinic, they cannot make you pay right then and there, you will have instalments of as low and 10 bucks a month, or you may not have to pay at all. Go see someone! And if it is high blood pressure like someone suggested, you are at risk of a stroke. so in conclusion.. GO SEE SOMEONE!

Anemic.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search