Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ag3first Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2008, 11:29 AM
    Trying to conceive but not obsess about it.
    My husband and I are trying to conceive... but I also don't want to obsess about it. I think I ovulated either the 26th or 27th. We tried every other day from the 19th to the 23rd... but then didn't again until the 27th. The mood just wasn't there and we didn't want to push it... does anyone have any experience like this? Do you think we waited too long between? Or hit it just right? We are so new to this... of course now we are playing the waiting game.. my husband is much more patient than I! I haven't gotten too upset or stressed.. but of course I am hoping I'm pregnant. I'm supposed to start this week.. so we'll see. Any thoughts?
    charlie123 Posts: 93, Reputation: 19

Mar 12, 2008, 01:13 PM
    Well... we are the same boat as you. The waiting game is no fun! I think you times it right. I think sperm can stay alive for like 5 days - so if you ovulated on the 26th - then your chances are there. My husband and I do the ovulation tests - so then we know for sure when I am about to ovulate. The 'Answer' brand has 20 strips for $20 - and I got it at my local drug store. Once you know when you ovulated wait at least 20 days after when you know you ovulated. If you haven't started - start taking pregnancy tests. I got a positive pregnancy test on day 12 with my second baby. Try not to obsess - just relax and try not to think about it. One of my favorite websites is peeonastick.com - it has dozens of images of pregnancy tests and ovulation tests - plus lots of info about them. Try not to obsess - good luck!

Mar 12, 2008, 05:28 PM
    Thanks for the website! I'll have to check it out. Just knowing there are others out there in the same situation makes me feel better. This is such a fun and exciting time... truth be known.. I'm glad for the time to try.. it's brought my husband and I even closer... it will be a blessed day when it happens... it will be our first! :)
    ELAINE83 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2008, 11:27 AM
    My husband and I are also in the same boat. We have been trying for about 7 months. It is hard, when I got pregnant with our daughter, it happen just like that. Now that we are trying we are having a very hard time. I am obsesses about this, I don't want to be but I am. Everyone keeps telling to relax and don't think about it. I am sure they are right if I could only stop thinking about it. So honey just try to relax and think positive, that is what I am trying. My doctor told me that I am stressing and obsessing about it. He says the way you feel your body reacts to it. I haven't had a cycle since January that's just how stressed I have my body right now. I don't believe that I am even ovulating. So before you make yourself sick and stress to hard about it, try to relax first. Good Luck:)

Mar 13, 2008, 02:51 PM
    I tend to do OK until it is time to start or the week of... this last month I found myself really pushing... trying to stay "on a schedule"... I didn't even like myself so I know my husband felt the pressure... I don't want to feel that way... hopefully I can just enjoy the time with my sweet husband. Most days I do really well... it's so good to know others are in the same boat! :)

Mar 20, 2008, 06:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ag3first
    My husband and I are trying to conceive....but I also don't want to obsess about it. I think I ovulated either the 26th or 27th. We tried every other day from the 19th to the 23rd...but then didn't again until the 27th. The mood just wasn't there and we didn't want to push it....does anyone have any experience like this? Do you think we waited too long between? Or hit it just right? We are so new to this...of course now we are playing the waiting game..my husband is much more patient than I! I haven't gotten too upset or stressed..but of course I am hoping I'm pregnant. I'm supposed to start this week..so we'll see. Any thoughts?
    Great news! We are 5 weeks pregnant! So if anyone reads my post and wonders about their own attempts... we were successful! And you really need to do it when the mood feels right... Good luck to everyone! :)
    charlie123 Posts: 93, Reputation: 19

Mar 21, 2008, 07:17 PM
    YEa!! I am so excited for you!! Congrats!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to conceive [ 1 Answers ]

I been trying to conceive for last 7 years and I failed many ivf and there any thing I can do to get pregnant I'm 36 years old and I'm so jealous seeing other relatives pregnant Thank you

Trying to conceive [ 4 Answers ]

I came off the depo injection and want to use the product ovatel to see if I am ovalating and how long it will take to conceive

When did I conceive? [ 4 Answers ]

If my due date is November 15, 2007 when did I actually get pregnant. What is the time frame from which I conceived?

Trying to conceive [ 2 Answers ]

I was on the depo shot for nearly two years, and have been of it for nine months. How long does this take to get out of your system before you are able to conceive?

Trying to conceive [ 4 Answers ]

I have been trying to conceive for the last 5 months. Nothing seems to be working for me and my fiancé. When I was 17, I got on birth control. I was on it for 9 months and now it seems impossible for me to get pregnant. I got my last shot in May, and in August I was supposed to go back and get my...

View more questions Search