Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chloedog2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2008, 10:18 AM
    Salaried employee
    If I am a salaried employee how many hours can I be made to work during a 24 hour period, and how long of a lunch break am I entitled too?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 13, 2008, 08:54 AM
    8 hours is a normal work day where I come from and l hour for lunch is enough for me.
    razor96 Posts: 87, Reputation: 8

Mar 13, 2008, 09:01 AM
    Do you have company policy documents? Most company's have them now for situations as this to cover labour disputes.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 13, 2008, 09:06 AM
    Let me see 12 hour days were farily normal back when I was a salareid employee, actually they could call me at home and send me faxes, on my drive to work I would be on the phone calling them about issues,
    I would be in office 10 to 12 hours, did not know what a 8 hour day was. Did many 16 hour days before.

Lunch was a metting, or taking someone to lunch, if you did lunch, normally it was a sandwich while you were at your desk or traveling between places. ** in fact it still is.
    razor96 Posts: 87, Reputation: 8

Mar 14, 2008, 07:54 PM
    Well, it should be easy then, check with your union rep/shop stewart, they should know what the collective bargaining agreement says about it.
    concetta Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2008, 08:37 PM
    Agreed, 8 hours is a normal day. With between 1/2 and 1 hour for lunch.

Another question is... are you an exempt or a non-exempt employee? If you are exempt, you are not eligible for "overtime" pay.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No pay as a salaried employee [ 4 Answers ]

I am a salaried employee and am entitled to 2 weeks. Vacation and 5 personal/sick days. I am required to work overtime without pay. I recent just came off an illness in which I missed 12 of my 15 vac./personal days. I was told I could lose those days, or not take the pay. However, I will have...

Hours of a salaried employee laws [ 1 Answers ]

How many hours after 40 do I have to work?

Salaried Employee [ 2 Answers ]

Are salaried employees required to complete a timesheet

Salaried employee on call 7/365 [ 4 Answers ]

I work in Texas, am salaried, and am on call 7 nights a week without compensation. How legal is that?

Salaried employee [ 1 Answers ]

I accepted a salaried position with a six day work week. Although I am employed by the same owner as other managers, I am the only Manager working at a retail store. The other Managers work in the Corporate Office, unrelated to my position. All Managers are required to work 6 days but...

View more questions Search