Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Carebear86 Posts: 19, Reputation: 3

Mar 12, 2008, 07:47 AM
    Results of hormones were low.
    I went to the Doctor on Sat. They told me I was about 7 weeks pregnant. They called me with my blood results yesterday saying that my HCG is too low for week 7 and they want to retest. I went in and had another ultra sound. Now they are saying that I am only about 5 weeks and my results for that week are normal and everything looks healthy. Now, I am confused and having a heartattak because I am scraed they are wrong again and something bad will happen. Any help? Any comfort? I just want a healthy pregnancy and baby.

Thank you so much.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2008, 08:58 AM
    Stress isn't good for you or baby, so try to relax. You have no reason to be worried that something is wrong at this point. Hormone levels can very greatly with each woman and each pregnancy, and nothing is an absolutely exact science, so its not surprising that they were slightly off on the dates. Also, every woman's cycle varies in length, and they also ovulate at different times. Its possible that you simply ovulated later in your cycle then the average(they go by averages first) and so it was thought you were farther along then you were, simply by your lmp. Since they did the ultrasound, and the ultrasound dating matches the hcg levels, your doctors say everything is normal and fine, you have no reasons for concern at this point. You are not the first and I am sure you are not the last woman that will experience this kind of situation. Just relax and enjoy being pregnant, congratulations, and good luck!
    stormey44 Posts: 380, Reputation: 3

Mar 12, 2008, 03:50 PM
    Same thing happened to me I should have been 8 weeks but my hcg was to low for that so they did a ultrasound and they said the baby was only 6 weeks and now I am almost 29 weeks pregnant with a healthy baby girl so far thank god but good luck I think you will be fine

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there a doctor in the house? High hormones and low hemoglobin [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: Dr. did blood work on me on Tuesday the results came back that all my hormones were high (waiting on estrogine and p? ) and my hemoglobin was low he said the first time I went into see him that it was one of 2 thing but would not say, told mum and she panicked went to see him again to...

Low Hormones During Pregnancy [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I was wondering if there are any other possible causes for low hormones during pregnancy aside from being ectopic. I found out my hormones are too low and we aren't sure why. Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

Screwed up hormones or something else? [ 2 Answers ]

My last period started 5-9-07 and I am expecting my next period 6-6-07. I just got back on birth control pills I was off them for a month, but am not very good about taking them everyday and when I do take them it isn't at the same time. I am married so of course I have unprotected sex. Starting...

Hormones or what is going on? [ 3 Answers ]

One week I will feel like I can take on the world, the next I am just mediocre, the third, I don't want anyone to really bother me or even touch me, then I start my period and I get the worst cramps and back pain ever then I start the whole month over again! Just wondering if anyone thinks I...

View more questions Search