Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BrownGirl123 Posts: 18, Reputation: 0

Mar 11, 2008, 08:43 PM
    Retin A
    Is retin a good to use for clearing up acne and lightening up the skin alone?

Recently I started using it along with obagi and my skin is starting to look much better, clearer and lighter. But obagi is expensive and when I run out I was wondering if retin a alone would be good enough to use to maintain my lighter skin?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Mar 11, 2008, 08:58 PM
    Retin-A removes dead skin cells, an exfollient (spelling). By doing so, it prevents pores from getting clogged. It's difficult to over apply the gel version. Too much Retin-A will cause skin cracking.

You skin can easily get red by exposure to wind and sun.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 11, 2008, 09:26 PM
    Omega or flaxseed oil is good for your skin.
    I prefer the flax because I don't like fish
    Also zinc (do not take more than the bottle says)
    Vitamins C

Diet – stop bad fats, drink water, and eat fruits and vegetables

Supplements – zinc, vitamin C, acidophilus or probiotics or yogurt, omega or flaxseed oil

Skin treatments – lemon juice wash or tea tree oil
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

Mar 12, 2008, 09:36 AM
    Obagi contains hydroquinone, so you may find that you experience some degree of darkening when you stop using it. Retin A is good for overall brightening, but you may have to think about replacing your obagi product with some sort of lightening product, even if it doesn't contain HQ in it, and maybe is more natural.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Retin A [ 5 Answers ]

Has anyone who has used Retin A topical cream seen any good results for Acne? How long did it take for you to see these results and did it make your face red and peely?

Foundation for Retin A user [ 7 Answers ]

I use Retin A at night and also use a good night cream. I use a moisturizer in the morning. I used Clinique foundation and all was good. Now Clinique has stopped making the foundation I have used for over 20 years. They tell me the new foundations are much better. No matter what brand I use, all...

How much Retin-A can I use on my face? [ 3 Answers ]

I've asked my GP for prescription Retin-A but I forgot to ask how much to apply. I want to get rid of whiteheads and fine wrinkles and I read that Retin-A is one of the few anti-wrinkle treatments that really work. I've applied it all over my face and looked like a scaly lizard the next day......

View more questions Search