Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Mar 11, 2008, 07:18 PM
    Kenmore 70 series dryer won't heat.
    All the tests I can come up with: power to, and through all the switches and thermostats seems to test as good. But the timer motor resistance check shows out or range on my meter when the timer is turned to any "On" position. A recent house guest (my son) rotated the timer counter-clockwise while the unit was running. Did he kill it? Or is there something I missed.
    I have the schematic and a Fluke 87 Series V meter (and I know how to use both)
    I just am totally not familiar with appliantology! Any help would be appreciated.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2008, 05:29 PM
    I think your timer motor needs changed if everything else checked out okay. Dryers don't really have that many parts that burn out. The timer motor is a favorite one to go. You tested everything okay and it all checked out. Just think of it like a car. It's not that complicated a machine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore gas dryer, 80 series-NO HEAT [ 2 Answers ]

I have a kenmore gas dryer, that up until this point I have had no problems with-i dried a load of towels yesterday and then later that day the dryer was turning the clothes but there was no heat!--where do I look first?

Kenmore 90 series dryer - no heat [ 6 Answers ]

My kenmore 90 series dryer (Model 110.62902100) runs but does not produce any heat. I've checked the house breakers and they are fine. I finally figured out how to open the front bottom cover, but don't know what to do from there. What parts should I check in what order, and where are they and...

Kenmore 80 Series Dryer - no heat [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: I have a Kenmore 80 series dryer that tumbles but does not give any heat in any modes. We've cleaned the lint out and we have clear passage through the vent. This is a gas dryer. Any ideas? Does this have a pilot light maybe?

Kenmore Series 80 elec dryer - no heat [ 2 Answers ]

This is a 5 or 6 year old Kenmore Series 80 Super Capacity Plus Electric Dryer. I'm not sure how much you can help. I have no experience with this stuff and don't have the tools or knowledge to check electrical connections. This drier and sister washer have been nothing but trouble for 5 years. ...

View more questions Search