Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alobo50 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2004, 07:45 AM
    Garage FLoor
    Hi,
    Our garage floor is concrete slab, and is in rather poor condition, i.e. the slab is chipping.

Are there any materials that can be put over the floor to relevel it without having to repour the concrete.

My main reason for asking this is that an epoxy or polyurethane coating over the existing floor will look rather poor because of all the pitting in the existing slab.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2004, 10:52 AM
    Re: Garage FLoor
    Patching concrete so that it lasts is tough. I have had the best luck with Ace Hardware Ready Mixed Concrete Repair. It comes in a plastic tub and is sort of expensive. Use a putty knife to fill the holes with the material straight from the container. If the hole is very deep, let the first layer dry and then put another one on. It does a nice job on those unsightly pits concrete sometimes gets. The spots I fixed years ago have stayed.

If you don't have an Ace Hardware, other stores may carry a similar product.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Garage door [ 4 Answers ]

My daughter drove my truck into my garage door.I have allstate. They said that even though I have full coverage, That the garage door is not covered. Since it is my house and my car. I have property damage, and the work's Is this true? Do I have have to pay for the garage door?

Oil stain on garage floor [ 3 Answers ]

We have a small oil stain on our concrete garage floor. We sealed this concrete several years ago with a roll on type sealer (not very heavy duty). We tried to remove the stain first by washing it with soap and water, then Windex, then CLR. Well, the stain is still there. Any suggestions? ...

Prepping for a garage pad! [ 3 Answers ]

Hey fellas, getting close to starting this project and here is what I got listed so far. 1. Bobcat work, getting a contractor to come in a clear out a patch and remove the topsoil from my property. He'll go down at least 8 inches, and will keep going till he hits the hard clay. 2. I'll rent...

Raising a floor drain in concrete floor [ 2 Answers ]

I have an old concrete floor with a newer pvc type drain. The floor slopes about 1.5" over 2' around the drain so I would like to raise the drain in order to level the floor to install ceramic tiles. I'm still going to ensure the floor slopes toward the drain just enough. I figure I need to...

Wet garage floor [ 3 Answers ]

Help, this is our first winter in a new condo four unit building. It appears the garage floor is pitched toward the house and a flood of melting snow and ice are constantly at the entrance door. I can't see myself sweeping out water after every in and out with the car. Is there any products or...

View more questions Search