Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    szeligar Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2008, 11:24 AM
    Toilets will not flush when washing machine is on
    Our septic tank was pumped out twice in two weeks; we called a septic tank person who replaced the drainfield that is two years old. However, the same problem exists that we cannot flush our toilets when the washing machine is one. The system worked fine until a month ago. THe spectic tank people said someone ran over the drainfield when the house was new---two years ago. Please tell me why our toilets will not flush. Also why would a drainfield go bad two years later. Thanking you in advance
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 11, 2008, 12:37 PM
    Did they do a perc test on the land before installing the new field and was a permit pulled for the work. It sounds like your field is totally saturated. How big is you tank 500g, 1000g?
    szeligar Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2008, 12:52 PM
    The contractor did do a perk test; it was fine, and they pulled a permit before they put a new system in, but the problem of the toilets still exists. Help and thanks
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 11, 2008, 12:58 PM
    Something is out of wack, you should not need any tank pumping for 5-10 years and you've had 2 in 2 years. Is your tank full to the brim pretty much all of the time or is your tank 500 gallons or less?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

WHen it rains a lot our toilets will not flush! [ 12 Answers ]

We are having some sort of plumbing problem. When it rains for several days our toilets will not flush. We never have trouble with the showers or sinks, however while having this problem, when we take a shower the toilet does gurgle, but the shower drains fine. Could this be aproblem with the...

Both bathtubs clogged and toilets won't flush [ 6 Answers ]

Both our bathtubs are clogged and both toilets won't flush. We've tried Zepp in both tubs and one seemed to drain fine while the other one didn't. We then tried the snake and couldn't get it to go in the bathtub with the drain problem more than two feet or so. We were able to remove some hair from...

Gurgling in pipes after all toilets flush [ 6 Answers ]

What causes pipes to make a moaning/gurgling sound after flushing toilets? And how can I fix it? We live in a 107-year old house and have lived here for the past three years. About a month or so, we started to hear our pipes after flushing the toilets. You can hear the sound from one of the...

Toilet closest to washing machine gurgles and backs up when washing machine drains. [ 2 Answers ]

When the washing machine drains, the toilet in the next room gurgles and the bowl partially fills. I have taken these steps: Ran hose down vent pipe on roof. No backup noticed. Had plumber snake from outside wall cleanout by washing machine and 1/2 bath toilet to city sewer line in alley,...

Toilets fill with water but will not flush [ 1 Answers ]

I have two toilets which are back to back on either side of a wall. I am experiencing occasional problems with both toilets flushing. I have a convntional septic system and the tank was cleaned out about two years ago before I purchaced the home. I called the company who cleaned it and asked if...

View more questions Search