Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    happyman1234 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2008, 09:46 AM
    Dark skin
    Whatever cream or lotion I use ,makes my skin bright for few seconds and after a while it gets darker. So suggest me some lotion or cream that makes my skin brighter.
    loanyB Posts: 38, Reputation: 3

Mar 11, 2008, 09:57 AM
    I have used a lot of creams and I swear the best one I ever used was

DR FRED PALMER SKIN WHITENER

It works wonders... but it's a little too greasy other than that... it will brighten and lighten your skin... try it... its about $10
    sassyT Posts: 184, Reputation: 7

Mar 11, 2008, 11:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by loanyB
    I have used a lot of creams and i swear the best one i ever used was

DR FRED PALMER SKIN WHITENER

it works wonders...but its a little too greasy other than that...it will brighten and lighten your skin...try it....its about $10
    What is the active ingredient?
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

Mar 11, 2008, 02:18 PM
    Hydroquinone

Mar 11, 2008, 02:20 PM
    Here are some reviews

11 Dr. Fred Summit Skin Whitener Tone and Bleach Cream reviews in Skin Creams - Buzzillions.com
    Nicole82 Posts: 64, Reputation: 3

Mar 12, 2008, 09:36 PM
    Clovate Lotion... Its active ingredient is Alpha Arbutin
    sassyT Posts: 184, Reputation: 7

Mar 13, 2008, 06:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MAHARANI
    Hydroquinone

Are you not afraid to use toxic chemicals on your body that could be detrimental to both your health and your skin? I don't use anything with that ingredient because I had a friend who did in high school and now she has black patches of skin on her cheeks. She has to wear a lot of foundation to cover it up and you can still see the dark patches.
    muna Posts: 147, Reputation: 5
    -

Mar 13, 2008, 09:26 AM
    I wrote this before in a different post, may be she was doing something wrong, let me tell you I burned from kojic, natural or not if you over do any thing you will pay, lemon can scar you, you can damage your skin with any thing if you're using it wrong'
    Here was my post
    When something is banned in certain countries does not mean it is bad, Canada has the best health care for course no comparison between America and Canada especially in health care , Canada is the best and 4% Hydroquinone can be bought over the counter, so all the talk about it being bad is wrong, and the drugs legislations in every country is different but does not mean the drugs that are banned are bad it is just policy an money, if you read about DS it is not approved by the FDA just like millions of other good products that are banned or not approved while they are effective and by the way every one is saying now use Kojic, it is natural do not use HQ, there're a lot of studies out saying that Kojic acid might cause cancer so this catchy word (natural) is just over used and to tell you the truth I hate it I feel the seller always wants to deceive me when they say that, and all the products on TV by the way are not approved by the FDA not because they are all bad, it is just they don't want to spend a lot of money in searching to see if they're good or bad. And about HQ you just have to follow the instructions like other creams, do not use for a long time if you don't see results and if you do you just have to follow about when to use it and when not just like RetinA, you can not use RetinA all the 12 months of the year and using retinA and HQ by the way give the best results. Any whitening product when you stop the melanin will be soooo happy to come back so it is very natural to find yourself darker.
    HQ is not good for pregnant women just like Retin A and other products, because they don't know how it might harm the baby.

Mar 13, 2008, 11:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sassyT
    Are you not afraid to use toxic chemicals on your body that could be detrimental to both your health and your skin? I dont use anything with that ingredient because i had a friend who did in high school and now she has black patches of skin on her cheeks. She has to wear a lot of foundation to cover it up and you can still see the dark patches.

I was actually answering the previous posters question, as opposed to recommending it to anyone.

However I have used Hq products before in the past, without actually realisng it, often because some companies failed to state the full ingredients or disguised it with unfamiliar abbreviations. I did not have any adverse reactions fortunately. I know why people are happy to use HQ, as the results often speak for themselves as opposed to natural alternatives, where sometimes small or minimal results are seen. I would actually be interested to know whether anyone is actually using something that is natural and has seen significant results.

Personally I would never say no to using HQ again, although I do wish there was an alternative, but at the end of the day I know it works.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Skin lightening for dark Afro skin/ max result [ 72 Answers ]

Hey, I've been reading the forums, it is so much info to absorb. Is their anyone who has had dark Afro- Amer or Afro- Carib and are know a fairer and more even complexion from using skin lighteners. If so can you lead me in a direction, I am willing to use any regime just not too expensive. Thanks...

Does dr.palmers work on dark dark skin [ 1 Answers ]

Hi,my friend is lyk pitch black and I'm lyk a chocolate color but a little lighter and I need to know will dr.palmers skin whitener and lightner work and get her lite.How light will she get if she uses it?And how long will it take

What to use on my dark skin [ 5 Answers ]

Hi all! Am kazuri mother of one. Would someone kindly help me. Since I had my daughter who`s two in few months.my facial skin went so dark.and my body too.what would be the best lighting cream to use on my face and body.am blackafrican. And any other tricks up your sleeves to make me look pretty...

Dark skin [ 2 Answers ]

How do I lighten the dark skin between my legs where my thighs touch. Its darker then anywhere else

Dark skin [ 9 Answers ]

I have very dark skin, and I want to have lighter skin. What should I do?

View more questions Search