Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lovepp73 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2008, 09:09 AM
    Jobs for excons
    Hey everyone I am in Atlanta GA and trying to help my brother get a job the problem is he is a ex con still on parole. Does anyone have any help for me?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 11, 2008, 09:22 AM
    Hello love:

I don't think you can get him a job. Anybody whose going to hire him wants to meet him first. You can certainly pave the way and offer referrals. You can be a support system too. But, in the final analysis, he has to do the legwork himself.

He should apply to places where he can speak to the owner directly. These are usually going to be a mom and pop type shop. He should tell his prospective employer how he can make him money. He shouldn't ask for a break. Employers aren't social agencies.

Tell him, that whereas a citizen might get hired after 5 interviews, he's probably going to have to go on 20.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Any Jobs in SC [ 4 Answers ]

:) Hello, my family and I are about to move to Columbia, South Carolina and my husband is looking for a JOB his interest is in Air Conditioning, we will be there in the mid of January. Does anyone have any interviews or do you know of anyone with interviews? Thank you.

Dentistry jobs available. [ 1 Answers ]

Is An Orthodotis An Easy Job To Get If You Have All The Educational Requirements Needed For It.:d

Where to find jobs for excons? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi My ex is an excon , he was in federal prison for almost 10 years, he came out in the summer of 2006. It has been very difficult for him to find a job. He is very smart and a hard worker given the chance. Is there a place in New York City where he can go where they help excons find jobs....

Jobs [ 3 Answers ]

I was on a job for 4 years in October I had problems breathing and the doctor gave me 5 days off with an excuse the job would not except the excuse and counted it towards my attendance I was fired in February and two months later they found the cause a tumor in my head it was removed in July. My...

View more questions Search