Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jpncats Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2006, 04:39 PM
    Selling a newly acquired business
    I purchased a business aprox 6 months ago and it was not a good decision. There is no way to boost sales and the equipment is old and falling apart. This was purchased as per my father's encouragement and he signed as a guarantor. Now I want to sell and get out of this mess. I financed through the previous owner and I don't want any problems. What is the best way to go about everything and if there is a problem, how do I protect things like my home??
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 31, 2006, 06:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jpncats
    I purchased a business aprox 6 months ago and it was not a good decision. There is no way to boost sales and the equipment is old and falling apart. This was purchased as per my father's encouragement and he signed as a guarantor. Now I want to sell and get out of this mess. I financed through the previous owner and I don't want any problems. What is the best way to go about everything and if there is a problem, how do I protect things like my home????

Ok, first what do you mean protect your home?

But you put a for sale sign in the window, call a real estate company and list it.

The time to worry about incorporation and or limited liablity is when you start the business not when you are going out of business.

Also your father is at risk, since if you don't pay, they come after him also to make him pay. They will look for who has the most money in the bank first, if you don't pay.

Really first you call the person you bought it from ( who is most likely laughing all they way to the bank) he does not want it back, so he may be willing to let you sell it out and he would let the loan be transferred to a new owner. ( this should be detailed if he would in the loan papers, as to the loan being transferable or not)

So if it is, you find a new buyer, get as much down as you can, let them take over the loan and you walk away and only loose the money you have put into it so far,

Now you need to put some money into it, to sell it, clean it up, do some advertising to make it as great as can be,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Newly married [ 1 Answers ]

I recently got married and my new husband knows about me contenplating filing for bankruptcy. My question is how will my filing bankruptcy going to effect his credit. I live in the state of Illinois so I need to know about Illinois law in this matter

Business to business vs Business to Consumer retail [ 1 Answers ]

How does Business to business retail differ from business to consumer retail?

A business selling used items. [ 5 Answers ]

I live in Jacksonville, Florida and have raised four children, by myself, with the help of purchasing items at thrift and consignment stores. Almost every article of clothing, furniture etc. in my home is second hand. At the present time I am very much interested in opening a store of this nature...

Wife acquired china [ 1 Answers ]

I may not have enough info or be able to describe it welll enough for anyone to know but here goes. My wife acquired china from a relative, we are looking to sell it (if it is even worht anything). 1. from Kobenhaven (the marking on it is KJ - a weird symbol like an o - BENHAVN. 2. it has...

Newly Built Computer Problems [ 9 Answers ]

Me and My Friend are building a computer for my girlfriend and when we put all the pieces together and started it up everything worked(Fans, HD Booted, Floppy, CD DVD Roms,LEDS) The only thing that won't seem to work is the monitor. We first Tried plugging it into the video card that we put in then...

View more questions Search