Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LUANG Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2008, 07:04 PM
    Virus sending messages to my ISP to stop service
    Hello,

I have a virus which is sending messages to the ISP and is clogging the system resulting in having all my computers blocked from using internet from this ISP. I tried a number of virus scanner, Anti Malware, Anti Adware, Syboot but still no result. The only thing I can find is that when I run Free AVG is gives me the following file C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc\hosts with result as changed.

CAn this be it, I tried many things but cannot seem to solve the problem.

Please help someone as it is driving me crazy.
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2008, 03:33 PM
    These are three online scanners -- run one at a time -- Run in SAFE MODE/NETWORKING

This may take 1 hour or more for each to run -- if possible save report and print report

If you have it saved to a file you can reference it if you need it -- good idea

ewido - anti-spyware and anti-malware solutions

BitDefender Online Scanner - Free Online Virus Scan

The home of Spybot-S&D!

You also need a firewall -- Comodo™ Free Firewall Software Download Get Free Version
    Will00 Posts: 66, Reputation: 3

Mar 11, 2008, 08:17 PM
    If none of the previous posts work you can post a HijackThis log here in text format and I can asses it in that manner.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Niece & Nephew never thank me for gifsts.should I stop sending them? [ 9 Answers ]

Every year I send my teenaged nephew (my sister's son), who lives out of town, a birthday card with a cheque in it -- usually around $100. Every year I bemoan the fact that he doesn't phone to let me know that the card arrived, nor to thank me and my husband for the gift. Every year I complain to...

Stop virus scan in MS Word 2003 [ 1 Answers ]

I want to stop MS Word from asking for a virus scan when opening documents. This happens even with documents I have created myself and is really time-consuming. I have read the other posted answers and have set MS Word Macro Security settings to low. I have Norton anti-virus software but cannot...

ISP Wireless Tower Lease, they went bankrupt, new ISP trying to push me around [ 3 Answers ]

I allowed an Wireless ISP provider to erect an 100ft tower on my land for the use of Internet Distribution. The Lease was to be for 5 yrs with a 5 yr option. My end was to receive 75.00 a month and an up to a 1.5mb connection. The ISP paid maybe a total of 10 payments to me then later filed...

Outlook 2003 phantom sending messages [ 2 Answers ]

What would cause the Outlook task bar to note: "Sending Message 1 of 4" but never really send anything. I've done a full virus/SpyBot/Window Washer sweep, nothing noted. Restart, still does the same thing? Thanks

View more questions Search