Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gloworm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2006, 03:33 PM
    Divorce Laws in Arkansas
    Do husbands and wives split property 50 - 50 as they do in California?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 31, 2006, 07:02 PM
    California is a community property state, thus each husband and wife equally own all property equally. Divorce settlements are not always divided up equally. So don't go into court believing you will automatically get half.

If you are thinking about divorce you will need an attorney, they can give you more specifics on your case.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Divorce And Immigration Laws In California [ 5 Answers ]

I was roughly engaged and recently got married in February at the age of 18, my boyfriend at the time was having his immigration status reviewed so he asked to push the day forward. I agreed as to the fact that we were already engaged, he was terrified of being deported because of a domestic...

Chery needs some help please - military/divorce laws [ 7 Answers ]

Hi folks, I need some advice myself now and hope you can help me. Here's the story: I usually have a 'gut feeling' about people, and knew that my daughters husband was not the right one for her when I was told they were going to get married, but kept in mind that children must make their own...

Divorce Law in Arkansas [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Tennessee and my wife will soon have lived in Arkansas with her parents for ninety days. If I sign no papers whatsoever, how long does it take for the divorce to become final?

Arkansas divorce law [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know what is Arkansas state law about divorce matter. How long a marriage should continue before spouse is eligible for half of the property.

View more questions Search