Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clicklock58 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2008, 03:53 PM
    Answer to summons Ohio
    Yes I received a summons at county court where I live in Ohio, and plan on answering it. The debt is for a credit card account in default for approx 7 months. I plan on filing bankruptcy in the very near future approx 3 months. The answer I'm planning on using is I'm going to file for bankruptcy. My question is will this speed up a judgement or will the attorney back off. All anwers would be helpful. What other course can I take to extend time frame to save for bankruptcy

Thank you
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 11, 2008, 06:35 AM
    [QUOTE=clicklock58]yes I received a summons at county court where I live in Ohio, and plan on answering it. The debt is for a credit card account in default for approx 7 months. I plan on filing bankruptcy in the very near future approx 3 months. The answer I'm planning on using is I'm going to file for bankruptcy. My question is will this speed up a judgement or will the attorney back off. All anwers would be helpful. What other course can I take to extend time frame to save for bankruptcy

It shouldn't make any difference one way or the other - unfortunately LOTS of people answer by saying they plan to file in Bankruptcy. Unless your Attorney writes the creditor with very specific info it is not a defense and it will neither speed nor delay the legal process.

(And a lot of the people who say they will file never actually do and that's why the creditors don't usually want to hear about it.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Answer Consumer Credit Transaction Summons [ 1 Answers ]

How do I answer a consumer Credit transaction summons in Poughkeepsie, New York. There is a sheet attached saying that I was provided valadition from the creditor. To my knowledge I was not. Can I answer that I was not served validation? Do I have to answer each numbered item in the Summons? I...

How do I answer a summons from a CA? [ 4 Answers ]

Brand new to this forum. Ran out of advice on another forum and still looking for answers. I was served with a summons from a local lawyer last Thrus. I have until 7/19/07 to file my answer. I'm not sure if it was issued legally or not. I sent them a validation of debt letter well within...

Should I answer the summons to appear or try to settle? [ 1 Answers ]

A summons to appear for an old credit card debt appeared on my door today. I was not officially served the summons, they just taped the first page of it to my door. The summons is for an old credit card debt that was charged off in November of 2004. I pulled my credit report and my last payment...

Failure to answer summons [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a car and financed it through a credit union. Was in an accident with no insurance, and was unable to pay for the car. I was served a summons because they are now suing me for the money for the car, but was unable to answer it. I have no defense against owing them the money. So now they...

View more questions Search