Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lookingforadvice Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2004, 12:34 PM
    Hairdryers in Spain and Italy
    Hello,
    I'll be traveling from the US to Spain and Italy this summer. Anyone know if my US hairdryer will work there? If not, any suggestions to get one that will work ahead of time? Much thanks.
    AudioCourses Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Jan 8, 2005, 05:01 PM
    Hair
    You would have found out that no it won't.. hehe, I read this late.

For anyone else, the voltage here (europe) is 230vac, so you'll need a transformer. However, most hotels have a hair dryer in the bathroom (in Italy).
    urmod4u Posts: 248, Reputation: 4

Jan 9, 2005, 03:56 PM
    Do not take your US 117V hairdryer to Europe where the voltage is 235V.
    Buy a cheap one there. It will for sure last for your stay. And after it, throw it away, because it will be useless in the US.
    A 400W US hairdryer would, if connected to the European electrical network, produce 1600W. For a short while (10 seconds maybe). Then it will throw out a lot of flames.
    That is, if the plug would fit. But it won't.
    Or, just as simple, let your hair dry in the sun.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Hairdryers in Spain and Italy [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I'll be traveling from the US to Spain and Italy this summer. Anyone know if my US hairdryer will work there? If not, any suggestions to get one that will work ahead of time? Much thanks.

Static Caravan Sites Spain [ 1 Answers ]

Hola Everyone, Is There Anyone Out There That Know's About Static Caravan Site's In And Around Spain. My Husband And Iwish To Retire Out There Some Time This Year If Pos, Withoutany Capital We Have To Look At Cheap Rented Accommodation. I Have Just Become A Pensioner At Christmas/05 So We Would...

Hairdryers in Spain and Italy [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I'll be traveling from the US to Spain and Italy this summer. Anyone know if my US hairdryer will work there? If not, any suggestions to get one that will work ahead of time? Much thanks.

View more questions Search