Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    loquibori Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2008, 11:36 AM
    Lease Apartment Trouble!
    I am wondering if anybody can help me out answering this question. I want to move out of the apartment where I am living at now but I do live with a roommate. I call the office and the office told me that I will have to bring my roommate with me with her proof of income and they have a Roommate Release Form in which we would both sign in front of the Representative. I spoke to my roommate and agree upon doing it but she has been giving excuses and I have applied at another apartment complex. Would this interfere with me trying to get the new apartment? I am still going to push her on signing that Release Form. Does anybody knows about legal matters?? :) :mad:
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 21, 2008, 07:36 PM
    I am not sure how this is going to work since that release will cause your old roommate to be handling the entire rent. Why would she want to do that? You are still responsible for half the rent until she signs that form or you get a replacement roommate to take your share of the lease. The latter is the recommended approach. It will not hinder you renting an additional apartment but you mght be paing rent on both places.
    LadeeNic Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2008, 08:27 PM
    Maybe you can get her to sign it by assisting her with finding another roommate to replace you. Try posting an ad online.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 23, 2008, 08:39 PM
    You can not "force" the room mate to agree and as long as you can pay both rents there should be no problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Apartment lease [ 2 Answers ]

I want to know if I can brake my apartment lease due to a medical condition. I am going to get surgery and I'm not going to work for a few months,

Apartment lease [ 1 Answers ]

I have lived at my residence in which I share an apartment, My roommate has been on a lease here for over 25years. I moved in around seven years ago. For reasons not important she wants me to leave... I said I was put on the lease or had a supplemental lease in my name... She said I don't... How...

Hello: Two years ago, I vacated an apartment in raleigh NC before the lease was up. The landlord rerented the apartment and wants two months of rent that I owe. I have no problem paying the rent due and I will. However, the landlord is asking me to pay for "utilities (200), trash removal (500)...

I just made a full months deposit and signed a year lease for an apartment. I have not moved into the apartment yet. I am having second thoughts. Can I get my deposit back and void the lease? I signed the lease, yet it doesn't begin for a few more days! The date of lease says 4-30-07,...

Apartment Lease [ 1 Answers ]

I entered 12 month apartment lease in the Dallas area. After one day, I reconciled with my wife and need to cancel my lease. What are MY legal options. The complex wants approximately $2700 to be free and clear. But before I do that, I would like another opinion. Please help.

View more questions Search