Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    UDntKnwMe Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Mar 10, 2008, 06:55 AM
    What should I do?
    OK, well I work at a newspaper agency, not mentioning names. But I work with my girlfriends aunt. Of course she is a bit older in her early 40s but I think she is amazing. I think she has a rockin bod, gorgeous face, and awesome personality. There are sometimes I can tell we are doing a little bit of flirting, but I'm not 100% sure if we are. I want to tell her something about how I feel, but I fear it could ruin my relationship. Somebody help!!
    Marriedguy Posts: 474, Reputation: 115

Mar 10, 2008, 07:15 AM
    Tell who what? Tell the aunt that you think she has rockin bod, gorgeous face, and awesome personality?

If you want to keep a healthy relationship with you girlfriend you do not tell her anything. And you stop the flirting.

Dude its her Aunt.
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Mar 11, 2008, 02:45 PM
    I agree. If you tell the aunt, most likely, she will pick up the phone, call your girlfriend and say "Hon, your man is hitting on me". And then your relationship is ruined just like that. Sometimes when we work with an attractive person, it can be hard not to notice. But you have to just try your best not to. Stay as busy as possible, don't have lunch with her or hang out if you can help it, try to socialize when there are others around so you won't be tempted to say something to her. Keep a picture of your girlfriend on your desk.

Sometimes something sounds great in a fantasy, but it real life it wouldn't play out that way. If you told your girlfriend's aunt how you feel, most likely it would be the end of your relationship with your girlfriend, not to mention the aunt probably wouldn't want anything to do with you. She might even try to make it hard on you at work. I think saying anything to her is a really bad idea. Plus, I mean, she's the AUNT.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2008, 08:39 AM
    Think about it! Same scenario-- but her mom wouldn't that be just as bad??
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 22, 2008, 09:55 AM
    Yep a lot of 40 year olds have great bodies, and you will see 100's if not 1000's of women over the year with great bodies,

You are either going to be true to your girlfriend or you will become a player, that is your choice alone
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 30, 2008, 09:21 AM
    Sometimes its better to keep our opinions and fantasies to ourselves. Especially at work. Especially with relatives of our partners. You could lose the relationship, and your job. Is that worth letting her know, you think she's hot?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2008, 09:23 AM
    If you say anything to your gf's Aunt about your feelings you are going to lose your girlfriend, the Aunt, and possibly your job. The Aunt could turn you in for sexual harassment in the workplace.

Keep your thoughts to yourself and the rest in your pants.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search