Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    krazycee07 Posts: 86, Reputation: 4
    -

Mar 10, 2008, 05:25 AM
    Glutathione dilema
    Hi everyone, I really want to lighten my skin tone to at least 3 shades lighter, and I was thinking about using glutathione pills to do that, now I've reading the forums, and dr. james and active white is brought up very frequently, so I wanted to try them out, but I've looked them up on the web and the cheapest I've found those brands was for 36 dollars a bottle, now to me that's really expensive, so I started looking at sum vitamin sites online and I found sum glutathione pills for a lot cheaper, but the only thing was it wasn't any name brand or anything, so my question is, isn't glutathione glutathione, I mean doesn't it all have the same ingredients and effects as all glutathione pills no matter what brand you get ?
    muna Posts: 147, Reputation: 5
    -

Mar 10, 2008, 06:00 AM
    Glutathione for skin lightening is suppose to be taken in large doses not like others who take it just as antioxidant which is way less than that, a lot of people say glutathione pills do not work but they do, some add other stuff in it like Alpha Lipoic Acid which is referred to as the universal antioxidant and some add Vitamin C in it instead of taking it separate and rosehip, so you have to read the amount of grams of each ingredient the brand has, I believe according to my knowledge, let's say you take 1000 mg of glutahione (and that changes according to your original skin color) and 2000mg of Vitamin C, any health store sells glutathione 250mg so you might try to take 4 of those and 2000 mg of any amount of vitamin C tablets equal 2000mg, but general speaking the differences in brands is all about what else they add, adding other stuff make it more potent according to any brand's research, they can add whatever they think will help give better results and better sales
    -

Mar 11, 2008, 05:51 AM
    Thanks muna appreciate the feedback
    Nectaria Posts: 5, Reputation: -1

Mar 11, 2008, 07:24 AM
    H crazycee I am afraid I will sound a bit discouraging but glutathione pills don't work at all it will help you from further darkening ad will make your skin softer and healthy looking but nothing more.
    sassyT Posts: 184, Reputation: 7

Mar 11, 2008, 11:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nectaria
    H crazycee i am afraid i will sound a bit discouraging but glutathione pills dont work at all it will help u from further darkening ad will make your skin softer and healthy looking but nothing more.
    I have heard both sides. So I guess it works for some skin types. I have order Gluta-c pills and I am going to try them. It doesn't hurt to try because there are other health benefits.
    -

Mar 11, 2008, 10:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nectaria
    H crazycee i am afraid i will sound a bit discouraging but glutathione pills dont work at all it will help u from further darkening ad will make your skin softer and healthy looking but nothing more.
    Well I heard that they do work when used properly and I heard it takes a while to see any results, how long did you used them for and what was the dosage?
    Nectaria Posts: 5, Reputation: -1

Mar 12, 2008, 06:30 AM
    U know it s the habtual dosage 20 to 40gm per kg and I was using 3000mg per day plus 3000mg of vit c, 300mg of grapeseed and 300mg of alpha lipoic acid and this for 10 months. But still you are right it doesn't hurt to try and I was not tryind to dissuade you and what is better that to let you see by yourself...
    -

Mar 12, 2008, 08:49 PM
    Well I guess it depends on the person, but I do have another question what brand were you using?
    joody Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2008, 05:24 AM
    We are witing more good experience?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Yet another housebreaking dilema. [ 8 Answers ]

Let me start by saying I have read the sticky posts and several other posts on this issue, but I haven't seen anyone address our problem. This is a long post in order to answer many of the follow up questions or pointers that I am sure would be raised. I have a 10 year old pug mix (Gracie) that...

Nothing serious- just a little dilema (lo) [ 3 Answers ]

OK yeah I'm not really crazyily in love with girls or anthing but I have a small isue when I talk to them .I can't keep I eye contact, I'm not trying to be disrespectfull by looking at the ground or looking out a window when they talk, but it just happends. And I can tell that it bothers the...

Dilema [ 6 Answers ]

I have very little contact with my bros. And sisters due to a fallout . Now the oldest bro. Calls me asking to help support my mom (78 yrs), who lives off soc. Sec. The thing is she lives w/ dad but their relationship is shot . They"re together out of necessity even though they don't...

View more questions Search