Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shaneze Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2008, 05:13 AM
    Does kojic acid have side effect?
    Hi
    I'm thinking of buying Diana Stadler creams and soaps.ive seen on this forum that many persons seems satisfied with it.
    I was just thinking is Kojic Acid natural?can it be compared to hydraquinone?
    And when you stop using kojic acid are there side effects?like skin becoming more darker,spots etc?
    Thanks
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2012, 01:19 PM
    Kojic Acid is an unstable ingredient in cosmetic formulations. Upon exposure to air or sunlight it can turn brown and lose its efficacy. Many cosmetic companies use kojic dipalmitate as an alternative because it is more stable in formulations. However, there is no research showing kojic dipalmitate to be as effective as kojic acid, although is it a good antioxidant.

Further, some controversial research has suggested that kojic acid may have carcinogenic properties in large doses. Other further studies show that kojic acid is not carcinogenic, but can cause allergic contact dermatitis and skin irritation.
    Source: Skin Whitening (Wikipedia)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is kojic acid harmful? [ 6 Answers ]

I came across a website about all the harmful garbage in everyday products like shampoos and lotions. They said kojic acid is harmful because somehow it can absorb into the bloodstream and can do DNA damage. Do you think its safe to use every now and again? I'm am terribly confused. Some say...

Kojic acid, Arbutin and vitamin C powders [ 4 Answers ]

I've been searching for skin lightening products and I found Kojic acid, Arbutin and vitamin C powders on Ebay... They says that you can mix one of them into your moisteriser and use it... Have you guys tried that and please tell me the intructions how I can make it... Thanx a lot.

Any 1 know about Kojic acid and Arbutin side effects? [ 4 Answers ]

Any 1 know about Kojic acid and Arbutin side effects?. Is there any care to avoid the side effects? :confused:

Kojic Acid [ 1 Answers ]

Is kojic acid soap are applicable to use in a teen agers face?

View more questions Search