Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Thomas Mills Posts: 31, Reputation: 7

Mar 10, 2008, 04:10 AM
    Whirlpool Dryer Heating Element Stays On
    Hello, I have a whirlpool dryer 7 cycle heavy duty super capacity. With the door open or shut, when I turn the timer from the off position to any cycle (on) position the heating element will come on with out pushing the start. When you push the on button the drum turns on and it will dry your cloth. But the temp. selecto will stay on high this has three positions low med high.This also has finish guard. Do you think it is a thermostat or the timer or something else. Thanks Thomas Mills
    XenoSapien Posts: 627, Reputation: 42

Mar 10, 2008, 05:44 PM
    It sounds like the limit switch is stuck/bad.

XenoSapien

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Diswasher heating element stays on [ 1 Answers ]

After a wash and dry cycle the heating element did not turn off and stayed on overnight. I cut the power to it then came back after work and restored the power. I did not run a wash and dry cycle but the element came back on and heated up. Kenmore Ultrawash model # 665.17014402

Wiring for whirlpool dryer heating element [ 1 Answers ]

I replaced burned out heating element in whirlpool electric dryer. But, cannot remember where the wires go. Can someone help me?

Heating element stays on after drum stops [ 8 Answers ]

To stop the dryer we often open the door. When I open the door the drum stops turning. The heating element remains on. If I turn the timer to off the heating elelment will go off. If I set the timer to on the heating element starts immediately before pushing the button to start the drum. What...

View more questions Search