Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emmabetty Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2006, 09:35 AM
    Can we take Retirement savings contributions credit
    We are filing jointly and have made elective deferral to 403(b). The amount on Form 1040 line 38 is under $50,000(excluded my husband's foreign income using Form 2555-EZ).
    However, for Form 8880 line 8, it says, "See pub. 590 for the amount to enter if you are filing Form 2555-EZ......"
    As I understand that is for traditional IRA and Roth IRA purposes, right?
    Can we still enter the amount from Form 1040, line 38 into Form 8880, line 8?

Thanks much!
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 31, 2006, 10:12 AM
    Will need to research this question. Hopefully, will answer this evening.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Social Security Refund of Contributions [ 3 Answers ]

I am a green card holder (UK citizen) and my 40 quarters of working will be completed shortly. However, I might have to return to the UK next year for family reasons - I understand that I can get a lump sum refund of my contributions if I leave the USA permanently. Is this true? If it is, are...

Roth IRA contributions [ 1 Answers ]

I have contributed $4000 in my Roth IRA for 2006. Now I find out that it would be better for me to pay the income tax on an inherited annuity rather than having the estate pay the higher income tax rate. The annuity will be about $175,000, and that would put me over the limit for contributing...

How Much Savings for Retirement [ 4 Answers ]

A friend is planning on retiring by 50. She asked me how much money she should have in her retirement account in order to retirement. I gave her two scenarios: (1) with a retirement pension and (2) with no pension. So, if she has a pension, I told her she needed enough in her retirement...

Savings? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello all. I'm new here and hope to get some replies. I'm thinking of buying a co-op in NY city. I make about 1000 a week and pay 1000 a mo. In rent, my share, Anyway, what would the cost savings be if any should I buy this apt. The mortgage would be about 1600 a mo. Plus 1000 for fees and taxes...

Charitable Contributions [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Gospel Music Band. I have not applied for non-profit status although the real income is much less the $10,000 a year. An individual has expressed a desire to donate a Bus for us to travel in, however, they would like to write it off as a donation to this ministry. Is this possible?

View more questions Search