Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kelly514 Posts: 42, Reputation: 2

Mar 9, 2008, 11:01 PM
    Am worried about my weight
    Hi,

I'm about 18 years old, 5'6 and I weigh about 100lb and my mom and sis say that I weigh too much... and most of my friends weigh like 90lbs, so I'm really desperate to lose at least another 10-20lbs... And although I exercise on a daily basis, I can't seem to lose weight... Does anyone know of a good way to lose weight? I don't diet and I already exercise, so I don't know what else I can do...
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2008, 11:03 PM
    Your mom and your sister are idiots, sorry, but 100 pounds at 5'6" is actually quite underweight. 80 pounds for an adult is under the threshold of death and you should be working to gain probably 10 or 20 pounds, honestly.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 9, 2008, 11:22 PM
    I'm worried that you think you're over weight when you aren't at all.

What is wrong with your mother and sister, are they blind?

Don't loose any weight, you don't need to. Stop worrying about what other people are doing, there is nothing wrong with your weight, if anything you should gain a few pounds.

Learn to love yourself for what's inside, not outside and, I never thought I'd say this, stop listening to your mother, she's a fool.

I'm not going to give you the advice you requested, instead I'm going to tell you to go eat a chocolate bar, heck have two, have another on me. Eat cake. Eat!
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2008, 11:40 PM
    Quick story...

I was at a local starbucks one Saturday morning enjoying a cup of java... when I heard, "Daddy does this have a lot of calories?" I look over... and to my horror, it's a girl who can't be older than 7... 8 at the most. I was... shocked... and disgusted. I was hoping the father would look at her the same way, but he did one better as he replied, "no honey, this is ok for you."

... I wanted to beat that man to a pulp.

At the age of 18, weighing 100 lbs at 5'6" is underweight. Granted, it really depends on your build (a girl I once dated was 5'7" and weighed about 110... but she just had a small frame overall so she looked healthy and "normal") but even at the smallest frame and the skinniest body, at 5'6"... you should be weighing about 105 - 115...

Just eat healthy, do light/moderate exercises, and you'll be fine.

Tell your mom to drop me an e-mail... we can chat.
    Pets Expert

Mar 9, 2008, 11:44 PM
    Hey Sneezy - If you need any help with the mom let me know, I'd like a few words with her myself.

Bottom line is you don't need to loose weight. Really. If I was your mother I'd just give you a hug and tell you that you're perfect the way you are. And you are. Hear me and believe it, I promise you, I'm know for my honesty, ask anyone.
    pasiria Posts: 161, Reputation: 29

Mar 9, 2008, 11:57 PM
    You asked "Does anyone know of a good way to lose weight?" I know of many ways to loose weight, but I would not dare tell you because it could cause your death. Simple as that. It is not healthy to be under weight.
    BigCityDreams007 Posts: 80, Reputation: 2

Mar 10, 2008, 02:47 PM
    If your "overweight" I Must be a BIG FAT COW lol (19, 5'7, 225)

Look eat right, work out, your underweight for your age and don't let anyone tell you diffrently!
    sherice1977 Posts: 53, Reputation: -3

Mar 10, 2008, 03:59 PM
    Your mom and sister are too evil witches.being skinny will make u look like a crackhead.

Mar 10, 2008, 04:31 PM
    Wow! This is so not the reaction I was expecting... I thought everybody would be telling me lose another few extras and ways to do them... Underweight? Are you guys sure? My mom, even at 40 yrs old weighs only 90lbs, so does my sis at 25, and I'm 18 and I weigh much more... I was told that I was overweight (by my friends too) which is why I was looking for a way to lose weight... Now, I'm totally confused... Are you guys serious? You can die from being underweight? But there's nothing wrong with a lot of the people I know, at least health wise, I think...
    BigCityDreams007 Posts: 80, Reputation: 2

Mar 10, 2008, 04:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kelly514
    Wow! This is so not the reaction i was expecting............I thought everybody would be telling me lose another few extras and ways to do them.......Underweight? Are you guys sure? My mom, even at 40 yrs old weighs only 90lbs, so does my sis at 25, and i'm 18 and i weigh much more......I was told that i was overweight (by my friends too) which is why i was looking for a way to lose weight....Now, I'm totally confused....Are you guys serious? You can die from being underweight? But there's nothing wrong with a lot of the ppl i know, at least health wise, i think........
    Im sorry I don't know if your family and friends are trying to brain wash you... but I don't know a single 40 year old that weighs 90 lbs not even movie stars that old weigh that...

Sweety look it up online. You are underweight. I would stop listing to your family and friends.
    dragnlady5 Posts: 88, Reputation: 4

Mar 10, 2008, 04:46 PM
    But you can't see there inside wither away from malnurishment

Wow! This is so not the reaction i was expecting............I thought everybody would be telling me lose another few extras and ways to do them.......Underweight? Are you guys sure? My mom, even at 40 yrs old weighs only 90lbs, so does my sis at 25, and i'm 18 and i weigh much more......I was told that i was overweight (by my friends too) which is why i was looking for a way to lose weight....Now, I'm totally confused....Are you guys serious? You can die from being underweight? But there's nothing wrong with a lot of the ppl i know, at least health wise, i think........
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2008, 05:38 AM
    Your mom is underweight as well most likely, as well as probably your sister. Honey, I am sure you are beautiful, and you are NOT obese in ANY way.
    Scottish2008 Posts: 501, Reputation: 32

Mar 11, 2008, 05:53 AM
    This is one weird situation. Being 5'6,100 pounds and at the age of 18. You are really under weight. Pay no attention to your mother and sister. Just out of curiosity what are your physical dimensions? I agree with allot of people that posted to your thread. You are under weight. I am sorry to hear that your family sees different. Just put it aside when it ever comes up again and try to ignore it which is really hard to do. What do your friends say about it? You should really talk to them. I will add that your sister and mother are taking sides agents you which I feel bad for you.
    Have a look at this link. Better Ideal Weight Body Calculations
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2008, 06:48 AM
    Hm. According to that calculator, I'm just barely within my rage... and I'm 4 lbs over my ideal weight.

... ok. I go run now.

Mar 11, 2008, 09:08 PM
    You guys are really sweet! No one's ever said that before... yeah, it gets really crazy when everyone nags me about it (except my boy friend) and I just feel horrible after a while... I googled it and you guys are right though about being underweight... I'm small framed and kind of tall (I'm like 5'6 1/2 or so, but it's still around 5'6, 5'7 not quite)... My boyfriend bullies me to eat more-although I eat healthy, but I really feel bad when I go against my mom or my sis, because I run to them for everything... my mom's a bit over 40 now but she's never been 100 lbs, but she's also shorter than me... like 5'4 ish...

To answer Scottish2008: My friends are worse... They are all mostly taller then me, but also skinnier... so I get nagged from both ways, and to tell you the truth I just got fed up with the nagging but I thought that they were maybe trying to help me out, so that I can be in better shape...

You guys are all so sweet and nice about this... I wish more people were... You know what, I don't think I want to lose that weight anymore... everyone can't be wrong right?. everyone I know is prob going to put me through exercise routines... but how can I tell everyone that this is what I want when they think that it's not good for me?
    Dewan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2008, 09:24 PM
    Hi,

I'm about 18 years old, 5'6 and I weigh about 100lb and my mom and sis say that i weigh too much....and most of my friends weigh like 90lbs, so I'm really desperate to lose at least another 10-20lbs....And although i exercise on a daily basis, I can't seem to lose weight.....Does anyone know of a good way to lose weight? I don't diet and i already exercise, so i don't know what else i can do.......
    I'm about the same age as you, you might be a few months older then me though and For my life I couldn't come to a understanding of why girls worry about their weight so much , so you weight more then your mom and sister why do you want to fit into the crowd and its only 10 pounds your not a monster and your not fat so stop saying it and I bet all those Anorexic fiends that call you fat is jealous I could be wrong but its just 1 mans opinion

Dewan

Mar 12, 2008, 04:14 AM
    You guys are really sweet! No one's ever said that before.....yeah, it gets really crazy when everyone nags me abt it (except my boy friend) and i just feel horrible after a while.......i googled it and you guys are right though abt being underweight.......I'm small framed and kinda tall (i'm like 5'6 1/2 or so, but it's still around 5'6, 5'7 not quite).......My boyfriend bullies me to eat more-although i eat healthy, but I really feel bad when i go against my mom or my sis, because i run to them for everything.....my mom's a bit over 40 now but she's never been 100 lbs, but she's also shorter than me......like 5'4 ish.....

to answer Scottish2008: My friends are worse....They are all mostly taller then me, but also skinnier.....so i get nagged from both ways, and to tell you the truth i just got fed up with the nagging but i thought that they were maybe trying to help me out, so that i can be in better shape......

You guys are all so sweet and nice about this....I wish more people were......You know what, i don't think i want to lose that weight anymore....everyone can't be wrong right?......everyone i know is prob gonna put me through exercise routines....but how can i tell everyone that this is what i want when they think that it's not good for me?
    First I would like to say "good for you". I am truly sorry to hear about your friends on the opposing side. Like mentioned by another person they must be jealous
    . Just be yourself, that's what makes you unique compared to everyone else. Nice to see you come back and tell us more. It gives us a better understanding of the situation. Just hold your head up high. My wishes go out to you.
    Pets Expert

Mar 12, 2008, 07:11 AM
    I'm so glad to hear that you're feeling better about all of this. Just remember, no matter what anyone else says, you are beautiful exactly as you are. I still can't understand how your own mother could be so cruel, but that's another issue entirely.

It sounds like you have a wonderful boyfriend, listen to him instead of the others, he's the only one out of all of them that is seeing things clearly.

Good luck to you, keep your head up. Come back and talk to us whenever you need to, we'll always tell you the truth.

Mar 12, 2008, 06:17 PM
    Before I posted this, I was thinking of seriously exercising and controlling my diet, but I'm really really glad I asked for your opinions because they make a lot of sense and I think that I just may have escaped a trip to the hospital... Thanks a big big bunch for your honesty guys and for the support... you don't know how much I really appreciate it... I wish more of my friends were like you guys!

I think my mom's just being a mom; I guess all moms are like that...

Hugs...

Mar 13, 2008, 04:20 AM
    Before i posted this, I was thinking of seriously exercising and controlling my diet, but i'm really really glad i asked for your opinions because they make a lot of sense and i think that i just may have escaped a trip to the hospital.....Thanks a big big bunch for your honesty guys and for the support......you don't know how much i really appreciate it.....I wish more of my friends were like you guys!

I think my mom's just being a mom; I guess all moms are like that.....

Hugs....
    Thank you.. I hope you come back and post how things are going.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

About mca [ 1 Answers ]

Sir Iam A Student Of B Com Final Year In Karnataka State Open University Can I Join Mca Regular Course After B Com Completion In This Open University Kindly Guide Whetheropen Univer... Graduates R Eligeble 4 Regular Mca Course Or Not ...

More about this [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I just saw this site http:/doc.google.com and I'm interested in learning how it works . So could you tell me how it works. It would be a great help to me

View more questions Search